Help me please!

gallahadesquire
This topic is 2559 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You might also try looking at the review that are left for the guys you're interested in - maybe if you see quite a few from older guys, it might indicate they are open to older men.

Also, if you haven't already, you could fill out your profile a little bit on RM (if that's what you're using) with some info about you and what you like. It's possible that guys that you look at might come look at you, see that you're an older man who appreciates the 24-32 set, and figure that you might be someone they'd like to contact.

Also, if you haven't already, you could fill out your profile a little bit on RM

When I first started hiring, I found a great deal of comfort going through A4A (more because of size than age) since my profile had my information there (no photo though). This allowed the men I contacted to know more about me with some anonymity. I have started to fill out my profiles mainly because I find it helps to sort out things out.

I have also found that if I go through Backpage or some other site, I try to be upfront with my stats along with the other info. I rather have a guy tell me he is busy or otherwise entertained before spending too much time planning our meeting and then having him back out at the last min if he wasn't expecting a 52 yo, chubby, balding, white guy.

I think I have only had one experience where the appointment was set and confirmed, and then be told it wont workout after he had some additional info from me. I was asked if I could send a pix so he could see who he was meeting; after I did, he had a cool reply saying he couldn't meet because I wasnt in his demographic. Thankfully, he was an aberration. Most guys I chat and then arrange to meet have been all in all very decent men; skill set is an entire different story.

You might also try looking at the review that are left for the guys you're interested in - maybe if you see quite a few from older guys, it might indicate they are open to older men.

Also, if you haven't already, you could fill out your profile a little bit on RM (if that's what you're using) with some info about you and what you like. It's possible that guys that you look at might come look at you, see that you're an older man who appreciates the 24-32 set, and figure that you might be someone they'd like to contact.

This works nicely for me -- they can see me in the same way I can see them -- seems only fair to me.

Archived