In Search of an Upscale Weight Loss Bootcamp

bluboy
This topic is 6971 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I am having trouble with the last 20lbs. I am looking for a very structured program where a group of participants are divided into beginner, intermediate and advanced and for 1 week they do a combination of hiking, kayaking, canoeing, weight training, yoga, pilates, swimming-- in some luxurious location with breaks for massages, facials etc.--and a strict control over what they eat for the 7 days. Canyon Ranch is too big and has too many options. Pritikin is in a City--Miami and prefer an outdoor/nature facused place. Want a much more--here is what you do from 6am-7am and then this is what you do as a group from 7am to 8am etc. Need a place that has at least 10-15% of the group would be men--so I am not alone. Also want it such that the participants are in their early 30s to early 50s mostly. Any recommendations? Prefer the US but if the best is overseas, I will go. Let me know. Blu

Dan Knight 2005

I don't think the place you are looking for exists.

Consider getting a good personal trainer and discuss with him that you want a very intense and structured program for a week or two.

You'll be getting a considerable amount of personal attention and instruction from him daily and will ofcourse pay for it.

However, it will still be much cheaper than the place you envision.

Right down the street from you (in Durham, NC) is Structure House. It fits much (but not all)of what you're looking for. Good luck!http://www.structurehouse.com

RT :)

PS if you want more details send me a private message.

Archived