Daily Russell Tovey

LoveNDino

Love this new hairstyle...

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.SIMSVNxssCRw3CnMW7oPoQ&pid=15.1

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.%2FLgM1NVRvenxrQPmo6Tf9A&pid=15.1

He looks mighty fine here but to be honest, he could grow his hair ass-length

and put it in dread locks and I have no doubt I'd still find him attractive!!! :p

TruHart1 :cool:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Mr. Porter

mainImage1.jpg

Christopher Raeburn, Katie Eary... I wanted to go to Christopher Shannon yesterday, but I was called into work... Astrid Andersen - I sat next to David Gandy, another Billericay boy," he adds, referring to his hometown in Essex, in the UK. It's the closing day of London Collections: Men, the start of the menswear calendar, and actor Mr Russell Tovey - with a level of enthusiasm that I will soon become accustomed to as the norm - is reeling off his attendance record. It makes for an impressive list, packed with emerging names, critical favourites and lesser-known designers.

"I just love the vibe of the shows," he continues. "The production values - the sound, lighting and music all packed into these tight, three-minute presentations. It's almost like a music video. Contemporary art is one of my major passions, too... I'm interested in emerging artists, and in the same way, I suppose, I love to go to these shows and see emerging designers. I see real parallels between the two."

mainImage2.jpg

Mr Tovey has previously contributed to MR PORTER on the topic of contemporary art. The 31-year-old began collecting in his early twenties, after appearing in the acclaimed play The History Boys and its subsequent 2006 screen adaptation. "That was my big break, really, as it was for all us boys," he says of the film, which also helped to launch the careers of his co-stars, Messrs James Corden and Dominic Cooper. His art collection has been growing ever since - "it's getting there", as he puts it. "I visit art fairs, go to shows, try to build up relationships with emerging artists. And whatever country you're in, there'll be a gallery you can visit... I was in New York over New Year, and visited the Whitney Museum to see an exhibition of Wade Guyton's work - he's a young guy who uses ink jet printers in his art. Really, really cool."

"So, do you take a similar interest in fashion, then?" I ask, as he eyes the clothes rails around us.

articleImage.jpg

"I'd say so, yeah," he replies, a little tentatively, perhaps implying that he doesn't want to appear to be taking himself too seriously. A silky, sage-green jacket from Japanese brand Kolor catches his eye, and he suggests a pair of tracksuit trousers to match - and, as if to demonstrate his point, begins tucking the ankles into a pair of chunky-knit socks. "I used to do this as a kid," he jokes. "Let's bring it back." The overall effect is some kind of luxe, slouchy throwback to mid-1990s park football, and Mr Tovey carries it off with ease. It's clear that behind this light-hearted demeanour lies a confident fashion sense, and a real passion for the subject: when the opportunity arises (which it often does), he speaks animatedly about it.

"I'm obsessed with certain brands - ones that I look good in, and ones that make me feel good," he says, using the word "obsessed" for the first of many times. "I particularly love brands with a take on sporty streetwear - I'm completely obsessed with Stone Island, for example. It's well-made, I feel cool in it, I feel masculine. Those qualities really sum up everything I love about clothes. Something that I can look at and say, 'Yes, that's me'. [Maison Martin] Margiela, too. And James Perse, I love."

And does Mr Tovey agree with the view that these are heady days for men's fashion? "Yeah - it's a really exciting time. Things have moved on a lot since I was a kid," he says, quoting the "David Beckham" effect - the influential footballer whose headline-grabbing, high-profile style choices arguably helped to push men's fashion and grooming into the mainstream.

mainImage3b.jpg

"I remember how it was before - taking care of yourself was seen as egotistical, effeminate, or both. If any man ever coloured his hair, or used moisturiser, it was seen as gay," he says, in his distinctive estuary English - elongating the word, accentuating its unfortunate, casually pejorative associations. "And the same was true for clothes. Wearing anything other than badly fitting jeans and a boxy shirt? Gay." As a man who has previously admitted to having had a difficult time coming out - he has been openly gay since his teenage years - this would surely be a topic close to Mr Tovey's heart, but his comments are delivered without resentment, as if he were recounting some absurd historical practice and not the reality of less than a generation ago. "I've used moisturiser my whole life," he adds, with the confidence, perhaps, of a man who knows that he was right all along.

So what's next for the actor? His new series, The Job Lot, premieres in spring; in it, he plays a Londoner who relocates to Birmingham with dreams of becoming an artist but finds himself working in a Jobcentre instead. And Mr Tovey hopes to continue Him & Her, the critically acclaimed sitcom showing the low-key domestic life of a working-class couple, which he describes as "his baby". I ask his plans and ambitions for the future, to which he replies, "just keep doing what I'm doing - I feel as if I'm on a steady path, and I'm enjoying it. I've got representation in LA, but can't see myself not living in London - at least for now, anyway." And does he have plans for his art collection? "Absolutely. I'm living in a rented flat at the moment, so I've got a few things in storage, but the dream is eventually to live in a big open space with everything around me."

And with enough room for a wardrobe or two, no doubt.

I remember how it was before - taking care of yourself was seen as egotistical, effeminate, or both. If any man ever coloured his hair, or used moisturiser, it was seen as gay," he says, in his distinctive estuary English - elongating the word, accentuating its unfortunate, casually pejorative associations. "And the same was true for clothes. Wearing anything other than badly fitting jeans and a boxy shirt? Gay." As a man who has previously admitted to having had a difficult time coming out - he has been openly gay since his teenage years - this would surely be a topic close to Mr Tovey's heart, but his comments are delivered without resentment, as if he were recounting some absurd historical practice and not the reality of less than a generation ago. "I've used moisturiser my whole life," he adds, with the confidence, perhaps, of a man who knows that he was right all along.

So what's next for the actor? His new series, The Job Lot, premieres in spring; in it, he plays a Londoner who relocates to Birmingham with dreams of becoming an artist but finds himself working in a Jobcentre instead. And Mr Tovey hopes to continue Him & Her, the critically acclaimed sitcom showing the low-key domestic life of a working-class couple, which he describes as "his baby". I ask his plans and ambitions for the future, to which he replies, "just keep doing what I'm doing - I feel as if I'm on a steady path, and I'm enjoying it. I've got representation in LA, but can't see myself not living in London - at least for now, anyway." And does he have plans for his art collection? "Absolutely. I'm living in a rented flat at the moment, so I've got a few things in storage, but the dream is eventually to live in a big open space with everything around me."

From Mr. Porter

mainImage1.jpg

Christopher Raeburn, Katie Eary... I wanted to go to Christopher Shannon yesterday, but I was called into work... Astrid Andersen - I sat next to David Gandy, another Billericay boy," he adds, referring to his hometown in Essex, in the UK. It's the closing day of London Collections: Men, the start of the menswear calendar, and actor Mr Russell Tovey - with a level of enthusiasm that I will soon become accustomed to as the norm - is reeling off his attendance record. It makes for an impressive list, packed with emerging names, critical favourites and lesser-known designers.

"I just love the vibe of the shows," he continues. "The production values - the sound, lighting and music all packed into these tight, three-minute presentations. It's almost like a music video. Contemporary art is one of my major passions, too... I'm interested in emerging artists, and in the same way, I suppose, I love to go to these shows and see emerging designers. I see real parallels between the two."

mainImage2.jpg

Mr Tovey has previously contributed to MR PORTER on the topic of contemporary art. The 31-year-old began collecting in his early twenties, after appearing in the acclaimed play The History Boys and its subsequent 2006 screen adaptation. "That was my big break, really, as it was for all us boys," he says of the film, which also helped to launch the careers of his co-stars, Messrs James Corden and Dominic Cooper. His art collection has been growing ever since - "it's getting there", as he puts it. "I visit art fairs, go to shows, try to build up relationships with emerging artists. And whatever country you're in, there'll be a gallery you can visit... I was in New York over New Year, and visited the Whitney Museum to see an exhibition of Wade Guyton's work - he's a young guy who uses ink jet printers in his art. Really, really cool."

"So, do you take a similar interest in fashion, then?" I ask, as he eyes the clothes rails around us.

articleImage.jpg

"I'd say so, yeah," he replies, a little tentatively, perhaps implying that he doesn't want to appear to be taking himself too seriously. A silky, sage-green jacket from Japanese brand Kolor catches his eye, and he suggests a pair of tracksuit trousers to match - and, as if to demonstrate his point, begins tucking the ankles into a pair of chunky-knit socks. "I used to do this as a kid," he jokes. "Let's bring it back." The overall effect is some kind of luxe, slouchy throwback to mid-1990s park football, and Mr Tovey carries it off with ease. It's clear that behind this light-hearted demeanour lies a confident fashion sense, and a real passion for the subject: when the opportunity arises (which it often does), he speaks animatedly about it.

"I'm obsessed with certain brands - ones that I look good in, and ones that make me feel good," he says, using the word "obsessed" for the first of many times. "I particularly love brands with a take on sporty streetwear - I'm completely obsessed with Stone Island, for example. It's well-made, I feel cool in it, I feel masculine. Those qualities really sum up everything I love about clothes. Something that I can look at and say, 'Yes, that's me'. [Maison Martin] Margiela, too. And James Perse, I love."

And does Mr Tovey agree with the view that these are heady days for men's fashion? "Yeah - it's a really exciting time. Things have moved on a lot since I was a kid," he says, quoting the "David Beckham" effect - the influential footballer whose headline-grabbing, high-profile style choices arguably helped to push men's fashion and grooming into the mainstream.

mainImage3b.jpg

"I remember how it was before - taking care of yourself was seen as egotistical, effeminate, or both. If any man ever coloured his hair, or used moisturiser, it was seen as gay," he says, in his distinctive estuary English - elongating the word, accentuating its unfortunate, casually pejorative associations. "And the same was true for clothes. Wearing anything other than badly fitting jeans and a boxy shirt? Gay." As a man who has previously admitted to having had a difficult time coming out - he has been openly gay since his teenage years - this would surely be a topic close to Mr Tovey's heart, but his comments are delivered without resentment, as if he were recounting some absurd historical practice and not the reality of less than a generation ago. "I've used moisturiser my whole life," he adds, with the confidence, perhaps, of a man who knows that he was right all along.

I remember how it was before - taking care of yourself was seen as egotistical, effeminate, or both. If any man ever coloured his hair, or used moisturiser, it was seen as gay," he says, in his distinctive estuary English - elongating the word, accentuating its unfortunate, casually pejorative associations. "And the same was true for clothes. Wearing anything other than badly fitting jeans and a boxy shirt? Gay." As a man who has previously admitted to having had a difficult time coming out - he has been openly gay since his teenage years - this would surely be a topic close to Mr Tovey's heart, but his comments are delivered without resentment, as if he were recounting some absurd historical practice and not the reality of less than a generation ago. "I've used moisturiser my whole life," he adds, with the confidence, perhaps, of a man who knows that he was right all along.

Thank you so much @LoveNDino, for this article with these wonderful pictures. You always make my day brighter with your posts about Mr. Tovey!!! :)

Two of the things I like - Historical Drama and Tovey!

Russell was just phenomenal in this series. Though he was playing a straight man with unrequited love for his best mate's wife, I believed every second of his performance. It's just too bad the show had no real ending. There was talk of another season, but it never happened. :(

Why do I think they're perfect together?

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_e988trzaxm0os8gg4w4kkoc0c_640.gif

tumblr_on3afeDPjB1uq84jno2_400.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/bedac57f0dbebb929a6206392cc62fe7/tumblr_n26zxhg5Qk1rany5no1_250.gif

tumblr_nkxclyOS0c1st09qzo2_400.gif

Why? Maybe because they are both excellent actors (and sexy, hot men!!!;)) besides having developed a certain chemistry as friends on the "Looking" set over the years?

GAVIN AND STACEY STAR RUSSELL TOVEY DATING SCRUMMY HUNK FROM RUGBY’S FIRST GAY-INCLUSIVE TEAM

http://wstale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/comp-twintwo-sm.jpg

The couple are getting serious, with Kings Cross Steelers star Steve Brockman planning on moving to New York with Russell as his West End play hits America

HE won a host of admirers thanks to his roles in Gavin & Stacey, Being Human and The Job Lot.

And now Brit actor RUSSELL TOVEY has hooked a scrummy man on the sports field.

nintchdbpict000067760612.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

Former Gavin and Stacey star Russell Tovey has found love with rugby player Steve Brockman

I can reveal that one of my favourite actors has been dating a member of the world’s first gay-inclusive rugby team — and it sounds like it’s getting serious.

Steve Brockman, who plays for Kings Cross Steelers, is moving to New York with Russell as his West End play Angels in America, which lasts eight hours, could be heading to Broadway.

A source said: “Russell has never flaunted his romances but behind closed doors he is infatuated.

“Russell relocating to New York in anticipation of the show potentially transferring could have been the death knell for their relationship. Instead they see it as the start of a new adventure.”

There could even be wedding bells on the horizon.

When Russell was asked in an interview last November if he would get married, he replied: “Totally, I will do it, when the time is right.”

nintchdbpict000338052545.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

Things are reportedly getting serious between the couple, pictured here with drag queens at a gay boxing event on the eve of London’s Pride Parade

Shy Russell, who also appeared in cult BBC Three sitcom Him & Her and gay Stateside drama Looking, has taken the unusual step of hinting at his romance online — where he and Steve met.

He put a photo on Instagram of the couple hanging out with drag queen ring girls at a gay boxing event on the eve of London’s Pride Parade on Friday.

nintchdbpict000000355039.jpg?strip=all&w=720&quality=100

Steve is even planning on moving to the US with Russell, who also starred in BBC Three’s Him & Her, when his play hits New York

nintchdbpict000338024782.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

Even the loved-up pair’s pooches are getting cosy, judging by this snap Russell posted on Instagram

It’s not just Russell and Steve who have been out and about enjoying romantic dates — their dogs have been getting cosy, too.

Russell has been posting pictures of his beloved bulldog Rocky, who he once described as “my every-thing”, cuddling up to Steve’s pooch.

It really must be love.

GAVIN AND STACEY STAR RUSSELL TOVEY DATING SCRUMMY HUNK FROM RUGBY’S FIRST GAY-INCLUSIVE TEAM

http://wstale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/comp-twintwo-sm.jpg

The couple are getting serious, with Kings Cross Steelers star Steve Brockman planning on moving to New York with Russell as his West End play hits America

HE won a host of admirers thanks to his roles in Gavin & Stacey, Being Human and The Job Lot.

And now Brit actor RUSSELL TOVEY has hooked a scrummy man on the sports field.

nintchdbpict000067760612.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

Former Gavin and Stacey star Russell Tovey has found love with rugby player Steve Brockman

I can reveal that one of my favourite actors has been dating a member of the world’s first gay-inclusive rugby team — and it sounds like it’s getting serious.

Steve Brockman, who plays for Kings Cross Steelers, is moving to New York with Russell as his West End play Angels in America, which lasts eight hours, could be heading to Broadway.

A source said: “Russell has never flaunted his romances but behind closed doors he is infatuated.

“Russell relocating to New York in anticipation of the show potentially transferring could have been the death knell for their relationship. Instead they see it as the start of a new adventure.”

There could even be wedding bells on the horizon.

When Russell was asked in an interview last November if he would get married, he replied: “Totally, I will do it, when the time is right.”

nintchdbpict000338052545.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

Things are reportedly getting serious between the couple, pictured here with drag queens at a gay boxing event on the eve of London’s Pride Parade

Shy Russell, who also appeared in cult BBC Three sitcom Him & Her and gay Stateside drama Looking, has taken the unusual step of hinting at his romance online — where he and Steve met.

He put a photo on Instagram of the couple hanging out with drag queen ring girls at a gay boxing event on the eve of London’s Pride Parade on Friday.

nintchdbpict000000355039.jpg?strip=all&w=720&quality=100

Steve is even planning on moving to the US with Russell, who also starred in BBC Three’s Him & Her, when his play hits New York

nintchdbpict000338024782.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

Even the loved-up pair’s pooches are getting cosy, judging by this snap Russell posted on Instagram

It’s not just Russell and Steve who have been out and about enjoying romantic dates — their dogs have been getting cosy, too.

Russell has been posting pictures of his beloved bulldog Rocky, who he once described as “my every-thing”, cuddling up to Steve’s pooch.

It really must be love.

It's nice to find out that Archie (Rocky's "bestie") is Steve's pup! Steve Brockman being Russell's bestie!!! ;)