Tech help for new member

Lankypeters
This topic is 2569 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A friend of mine who joined up here this morning is trying to post, but receiving a message "insufficient privileges to reply here." What should he do? He confirmed his membership.

He's probably in Daddy's confirmation pile. It's how we keep out the spam bots.

Do you mean he will eventually be able to post?

Yeah. Unless he's coming in from a suspect IP range (unlikely), or has negative history here.

And the next question he'll ask is "I post but it doesn't show up". New posters are moderated. (Another way of catching spam bots that make it through the Daddy filter.)

A friend of mine who joined up here this morning is trying to post, but receiving a message "insufficient privileges to reply here." What should he do? He confirmed his membership.

Happened to me when I had to create a new profile. As soon as I was approved I sent a note to DJ letting him know the reason why I was creating a new profile so I wasnt looked upson as suspect. It only took maybe 24 hours before I could post.

Hugs,

Greg

Archived