A Medical Question for the Lawyers

gallahadesquire
This topic is 2581 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Especially because as a young person with no dependents there's no grieving widow and children to pluck the heartstrings of a jury.

OTOH don't settle for some sum that seems great but potentially doesn't cover the cost of treatment.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with most of what's written here.... But remember one thing... legal action requires time commitment, effort, and can take a huge emotional toll.

I'd recommend asking for the hospitals offer, and the release, in writing with a period of time for review.

Start treatment immediately. Its likely to be covered by insurance, Medicaid, or an eventual settlement, anyway. If necessary, and depending on the state, move financial assets into some form if trust so they can't be touched. Given the situation, I would be shocked if the hospital let things get worse by delaying treatment for the waiver or other financial concerns.

If, after reviewing the release, he's up for the fight, start legal action against the hospital.

Archived