Chicago Sweatlodge

MassageDrew
This topic is 2552 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has anyone tried this place? They offer a Russian and Turkish saunas. I love saunas because there are days when I just want to sweat it off instead of hitting the gym.

No, but I have been to King Spa in Niles. There are lots of ways to sweat it off there. Some mild activity in the sauna, but overall it's a coed, family-oriented place. Coupons are usually available, too!

I've been there, but many years, although I don't think much has changed. Turkish and sauna are extremely hot so beware. Not much opportunity for activity since it's pretty small and the showers are all situated around the lounge area. The massage tables are in a back room separated by half height walls, so even if your masseur was "friendly" noting could probably happen.

You could also try Red Square Spa on Division Street. Probably more opportunity for fun as there is an underused steam room there and also a whirlpool. I had a massage there once, the guy played for about a minute and I felt like a returning customer might get a little more attention.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think the Sweat Lodge is open in the early morning. I have never gone on a weekend. I think different groups of friends of various ethicities meet at different regular days and times.

Have you tried King Spa? Someone suggested that as well

King Spa is in Niles. It is also clean. The wet area is large and nude. It includes a steam room and some jacuzzis and showers. People also get body scrubs there. The sauna area, restaurant, movie theater, etc are co-ed. A lot of families go the King Spa. It is like a Disneyland of saunas with lots of different options. They provide what to me seems like a cross between pajamas and scrubs to wear in the co-ed areas. Does this help?

Archived