Chicago hotel - Boys Town area

Prime Muscle
This topic is 6975 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ChgoBoy

>Anyone have a recommendation for a Boys Town area hotel in

>Chicago? I usually stay in downtown but my next trip I want

>to try something closer to the bars and bathhouse.

There arent many hotels around boystown. However, there are a few neighborhood properties that are reasonable and some are either newly renovated or have been completly gutted. They are all just blocks from Halsted Street action.

http://www.hawthorneterrace.com/ This is my first recommendation

You can check 3 properties at this link. They are inns as apposed to hotels, but all in great neighborhood and close to boystown.

http://www.cityinns.com/index/majestic.html

And then Finally there is the Abbott Hotel on Belmont...LOL, well its an old trick hotel that has been sort of renovated. Shared baths and walls like copy paper. If you like the sleaze thing, this is a shoe in. Other than downtown hotels, these are your best bets unless you want a room at steamworks. Have a great visit, Chicago is the best City in the Country. Go Cubs!

I second Hawthorne Terrace as well. When I lived in Chicago, it's where I'd put out of town guests. And I've visited a few working boys there as well. ;-) It's just a couple of blocks off the boystown strip.

In addition to the boutique hotels recommended, there are both Days Inn and Comfort Inn at Broadway & Diversey. Either is acceptable, although the Hawthorne Terrace is a step above but in the same price range and more convenient.

Guest ChgoBoy

Deej is right about the Days Inn and the Comfort Inn. I would avoid the Comfort Inn at all costs. It has had its share of problems as of late and the new management has not maintained the older property very well. The Days Inn just 2 blocks west is "acceptable" whatever that means, as it's such a subjective situation. Personally, as close to downtown as boystown is, I'd get a room there. The 8-10 dollar cab ride is a breeze and your accomodations would be more up scale. Of course, thats me. :7

Guest Conway

The Comfort Inn is no longer a Comfort Inn. It is an independent now by the name of Lincoln Park Inn. If my one visit there during a househunting trip a few years ago is indicative of its ususal level of service, Comfort probably pulled its flag from the property. It was horrific.

Also in the neighborhod is the City Suites on Belmont next to Ann Sather. It's no better or worse than the others-dated and uncomfortable.

>I second Hawthorne Terrace as well. When I lived in Chicago,

>it's where I'd put out of town guests. And I've visited a few

>working boys there as well. ;-) It's just a couple of blocks

>off the boystown strip.

>

Plus the fact that it is very gay friendly. No one there would question you taking a guest up to your room.

Relatively cheap for still being in the city, barebones but not all that bad, is the Chicago Lodge north of Boystown on Foster off Lake Shore Drive. You can even rent a room for an afternoon there now. It's not far from Madrigal's and Man's Country, and I've taken many a dancer from both places back there for some more intimate quality time.

Guest ChgoBoy

>Relatively cheap for still being in the city, barebones but

>not all that bad, is the Chicago Lodge north of Boystown on

>Foster off Lake Shore Drive. You can even rent a room for an

>afternoon there now. It's not far from Madrigal's and Man's

>Country, and I've taken many a dancer from both places back

>there for some more intimate quality time.

OMG>>>>Please just say NOOOOOOO to the lodge!

Archived