Grindr stalker

MassageDrew
This topic is 2609 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I decided to download Grindr and gave it a try. I met a younger guy and it went very well. We went out for drinks and hung out. It got heated. Kissing and touching, pretty much everything but the full on sex. In any case, I travel for work amd work weird hours when not traveling due to my type of work. He was 22 and Im a bit older at 40. In any case he always wanted to meet and hangout. I respond to say I can't but he never responds. Then he comes up with this with excuses saying I never text him though I just texted the night before in one example. I'm having a WTF moment at that point. I ended whatever hot mess we had going. He got mad.

Now, thinking that I'm free of him, he appears to be stalking me. He tried to friend me on Facebook. He's following me on Twitter. And he's sending me texts once in a while. I think he's so into himself to think that nobody would turn him down or something. I'm the wrong guy for that. I never look back once I turn my back on someone.

Any similar experience?

I have one guy who keeps wanting to meet, even though we're both tops (an indicated on my profile), we're polar opposites regarding religion (devout Baptist v atheist), and he wants to stay extremely closeted and I am in the process of coming out. :rolleyes:

Yet he persists in messaging me: wanting to meet and wanting to know every detail of what I do and who I do it with.

Not nearly as bad as your situation. Yet.

So I decided to download Grindr and gave it a try. I met a younger guy and it went very well. We went out for drinks and hung out. It got heated. Kissing and touching, pretty much everything but the full on sex. In any case, I travel for work amd work weird hours when not traveling due to my type of work. He was 22 and Im a bit older at 40. In any case he always wanted to meet and hangout. I respond to say I can't but he never responds. Then he comes up with this with excuses saying I never text him though I just texted the night before in one example. I'm having a WTF moment at that point. I ended whatever hot mess we had going. He got mad.

Now, thinking that I'm free of him, he appears to be stalking me. He tried to friend me on Facebook. He's following me on Twitter. And he's sending me texts once in a while. I think he's so into himself to think that nobody would turn him down or something. I'm the wrong guy for that. I never look back once I turn my back on someone.

Any similar experience?

Block him on grindr and make your facebook profile/page friends only - then loosen up and remember people are human and as such have defects and make mistakes

"I never look back once I turn my back on someone" That position seems very emotionally immature and cruel -- I guess anyone who does not live up to your standard is dead to you . . .

Im actually a pretty relaxed guy. And I do understand that everyone is different. I just avoid those with a lot more drama inside their heads. It took a lot of dedication and hard work early on to get where I am so I'd like to surround myself with similar type of people. It would be nice to be with people who actually have it together. Maybe opposites really do attract since I usually emd up with drama queens or those carrying a lot of baggage.

Is he really "stalking" or just hoping to get back with you? While obviously you don't OWE him anything, you might be doing him a kindness to sit him down and say hey, look this just isn't going to work out because we are at different places in our lives, etc. There's going to be someone out there for you etc.

He's 22. He's a kid. I hadn't even worked up the nerve to kiss a guy until several years later than that.

View it as paying it forward.

Archived