Government seized websites and message boards

MikeSinz
This topic is 2593 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Be careful what you post on message boards through certain websites and the government seizes or shuts down adult entertainment website under that search and seizure warrant a clause stipulates that all the information contained especially messages from client to provider are obtained as well and can be used two prosecute I know this is a fact I have a friend right now who is in jail because of this thing. I personally do not post my address on websites because of this reason.

Be careful what you post on message boards through certain websites and the government seizes or shuts down adult entertainment website under that search and seizure warrant a clause stipulates that all the information contained especially messages from client to provider are obtained as well and can be used two prosecute I know this is a fact I have a friend right now who is in jail because of this thing. I personally do not post my address on websites because of this reason.

yet you're on here.

I'm sorry but without specific information like the website that landed your friend in jail (RB?)your post is nothing but stipulation.

While yes this is a potential risk, you are giving too much credit to certain government agencies. Without additional details, this thread is just merely spreading FUD.

During the RB shutdown for example only the domain name was "confiscated". The servers located in Houston were not touched and left to expire due to lack of payment from RB.

Source: Previous experience as a network admin for a web hosting company and connections to said web hosting company involved.

We've had a similar thread before... and it wasn't credible.

More FUD, the domain name was never "confiscated" here is the current whois data:

• Registry Registrant ID:
  • Registrant Name: Easyrent Systems
  • Registrant Organization: Easyrent Systems
  • Registrant Street: 6 W 14TH ST STE 4W
  • Registrant City: NEW YORK
  • Registrant State/Province: NY
  • Registrant Postal Code: 10011-7507
  • Registrant Country: US
  • Registrant Phone: +1.212xxxxxxx
  • Registrant Phone Ext:
  • Registrant Fax: +1.347xxxxxxx
  • Registrant Fax Ext:
  • Registrant Email: jeff@rentboy.com
  • Registry Admin ID:

Source: Current experience as a network admin for forty years.

While yes this is a potential risk, you are giving too much credit to certain government agencies. Without additional details, this thread is just merely spreading FUD.

During the RB shutdown for example only the domain name was "confiscated". The servers located in Houston were not touched and left to expire due to lack of payment from RB.

Source: Previous experience as a network admin for a web hosting company and connections to said web hosting company involved.

FUD......fucked up.......What?

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

Intentionally disseminating false information to create fear, uncertainty, and doubt amongst a target audience.

Usually associated with propaganda campaigns. But could also just be called "marketing" in some circles.

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

Intentionally disseminating false information to create fear, uncertainty, and doubt amongst a target audience.

Usually associated with propaganda campaigns. But could also just be called "marketing" in some circles.

Thanks for the clarification. I do love learning something each day!

Here's one for tomorrow:

In the
, The Maltese Falcon, Sam Spade (played by Humphrey Bogart) hands over a murderer (played by Mary Astor) and a black falcon statuette to authorities. When asked what the statuette was exactly, Spade looks off in the distance and rather unsatisfactorily explains, “It’s stuff that dreams are made of.”

This black falcon statuette – the so-called “Maltese Falcon” – is a perfect example of what film connoisseurs call the “MacGuffin” (or “McGuffin”), an important and oddly-named plot device that appears in many movies. For the uninitiated, in a nutshell a “MacGuffin” is an object, event, or person that the characters in a story value greatly- so much so that nearly the whole plot revolves around it, despite that the thing itself isn’t actually terribly important to the actual unfolding story.

Santa Claus getting stuck in the chimney is another example.

Thanks for the clarification. I do love learning something each day!

Where are the grammar police when you really need them?

You sir are incorrect.

However, we're not going to discuss who has control over the domain information.

Nor are we going to discuss where the domain information resides and that it is still updatable

Jeffrey still retains control over the domain is the final answer.

The fact that it is parked somewhere where it can generate a tiny amount of revenue.

**Cracks knuckles for my 3 page essay**

A domain name can be "confiscated" without changing the WHOIS registration, I can easily modify any of my domain names to say they're owned by Donald Trump. In many cases of a domain name seizure, the domain name will still be held at the originating domain name registrar and any changes made in terms of name server are not processed at Internic.

If you look specifically at RB's domain name, the name server information was modified shortly after the raid to the contractor's name servers ( Hostgator ) which use to be the host for RB as well. Exactly one year later the name servers still remain the same but have a different IP address as a result of the contractor's webhosting account at Hostgator expiring, thus the ad links you see at RB now.

If you look at the current WHOIS data you'll see the following from Internic:

and from Network Solutions ala Host Gator we have:

*Emphasis and emojis for contact info obfuscation are added by me*

You will see the two updated dates do not match as well as the name server listings. That means any changes happening at Network Solutions ( Hostgator ) to this date are still not being propagated to Internic. As a result, the domain name is still seized until its expiration date in 2018 ( when it will go through the standard deletion process unless its renewed ).

@Guy Fawkes, Even if you disagree with my findings above, you will note that I stated the following:

During the RB shutdown for example only the domain name was "confiscated".

Where are the grammar police when you really need them?

Grammar police and semantic authorities both on deck, please. "Is," "was," "confiscated," "seized," or "forfeited"?

For a while after rentboy was closed, this message appeared on the main page:

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q383/llycanthropic/download_zpsnbwcdq7s.png

At least, the domain name was seized according to the FBI, but may not have remained seized, or ultimately forfeited. I have no idea and no way to tell since the internet wayback machine acts as if rentboy.com never existed.

John Oliver knows a thing or two about civil forfeiture, though:

Archived