Battle Star Galactica Season Finale

Rod Hagen
This topic is 6998 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Holy fucking shit. Did anyone else catch this? With the obvious exception of The Simpsons, why is it that in the last 15 years the few remarkably well-written shows have all been either Science Fiction/Fantasy--Buffy, Battlestar, Xena--or odd ball--Sopranos, Picket Fences? Is it that hard to make another All In The Family? Must it all be Smallville, Friends? Even Desperate Housewives, although still well-written, has felt flat lately, and it's only in its first season. Odd.

Anyway, fucking amazing episode, and fantastic show. Hope you caught it.

Guest ReturnOfS

Its been a while since I've seen the new series. It comes out on Fridays and I'm always out on Fridays. (I'm actually out most of the time come to think of it. The rain kept me in today.)

I liked it, but there was a lot that I missed from the original Battle Star Galactica. I miss the mysticism of the original series big. That REALLY should be put back into the new series big time. Perhaps thats changed since the last time I saw an episode a few months ago. I'm also tired of that blond woman in the red dress who's supposed to be the big sex symbol. I'm GAY! She does absolutely nothing for me. Too bad they couldn't have made Baltar, or however you spell his name, gay. That way we could at least see a cute guy being the sultry and cute one. Lastly I'm not really a big fan of the idea that a psylon, or however you spell that, can be anyone. I'm not a big fan of that Red Scare, enemy being within thing.

Besides all the things I've mentioned I like the acting, the gritty feel, the sense of tragedy, and the special effects of the new series.

So tell us. What happened in the Season Finale? :-)

> It comes outon Fridays and I'm always out on Fridays.

TIVO or VCR or DV-R.

>

> I miss the mysticism of theoriginal series big. That REALLY should be put back into the

>new series big time. Perhaps thats changed since the last time

it has, significantly.

>I saw an episode a few months ago. I'm also tired of that

>blond woman in the red dress who's supposed to be the big sex

>symbol. I'm GAY! She does absolutely nothing for me.

Tradtionally, gay men are better than straight at recognizing sex appeal in women. Marlena Dietrich, Glory from the fifth season of Buffy, Natalie Portman (I'd fuck her in a heartbeat, or at least braid her hair), and now this Battlestar Chick. Dude! She's fucking hot. Go with it. Just imagine the cylons fit her with a big fucking cock just forward from her robotic, gnashing, vagina.

>Red Scare.

We, the audience, now know what every Human Cylon looks like. So, they've taken away the Red Scare, for the vieweres at least.

>So tell us. What happened in the Season Finale? :-)

Everyone fucking died!

http://www.RodHagen.com

-Hagen

Guest ReturnOfS

>

>TIVO or VCR or DV-R.

>

Sorry Rod. I don't have any of these set up.

>it has, significantly.

>

So have they brought the mysticism element back into it? How?

>

>>So tell us. What happened in the Season Finale? :-)

>

>Everyone fucking died!

>

You're kidding, right? Please tell me that you're kidding.

I have been a fan of Galatica for years. I too miss some of the old, but I must admit this is cutting edge. I am also a Star Gate fan... Can't wait until July.

I am also excited about April being mini-series month....Love watching Dune on a yearly basis.

ROS,

The show is rebroadcast all through the following week, so it may be easier to see than you think. Check your local listings.

As for the mysticism, yes it has been developed over the course of this season's episodes, so that it really is one of the main themes right now.

Anyway, give it a try.

This was its first season. So far, there are 13 episodes, and then previous to that the 4-hour miniseries that kicked it off (they market tested with that; then continued it as a series later...continues flawlessly). The mini-series is available on DVD, but the rest is not yet. Season 2 starts in July, and I think it's going to be a full season (26 episodes or so). =o)

Archived