Gay Bars Near Midtown Hilton Garden Inn

rocky
This topic is 2644 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hope someone can assist. Staying this weekend at Hilton Garden Inn prior to my cruise on Sunday. Looking for some gay bars I might visit near the hotel. Any Suggestions; I've been to the saddles place, that was nice, but looking for a quieter talking place, but let me know and I'll take a cab. thanks

I'm not a New Yorker but I just spent a week in Hell's Kitchen with a couple of younger friends. You might want to try Posh. We left because it was too quiet for them. They were much more interested in hanging out at Industry. We also looked in the door of Bottoms Up and that seemed like it was going to be too quiet for them also.

There are several gay bars on 9th Avenue, or nearby. Whether they're quiet or noisy, depends on the time of night that you visit. You'll be just around the corner from Flaming Saddles, which btw is my favourite NY bar. Go in and pick up one of the free magazines which has a full list in NY gay bars. You can then bar hop until you find one you prefer.

Also, if you don't mind going out of the area, take the subway to Christopher Street and visit the Monster Bar. It's over the road from the subway station. It attracts an older crowd who are generally welcoming. There's also a piano where people gather to sing show tues. It's my second favourite bar in NYC.

Archived