a bounty of brotherly love

Eric Hassan
This topic is 2626 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

in the past couple of weeks, i've traveled to philadelphia and san francisco. you might think i couldn't have chosen two cities more different. what i found was that - despite being miles apart with different geography and history - both cities are a bounty of brotherly love. i was fortunate enough to get to spend some time with some amazing, smart, fun, sexy men. i ate good food, talked to strangers, took in the sights.

it's so easy these days to see division and divide in this country and even in the world. it's easy to see borders as firm lines between us and them. it's easy to see right and wrong, good and bad, left and right.

the fabric of society is made up of you and me. our bonds and connections are what can build up or break down our society. we might think the world is a fucking mess but if we can just tend to ourselves and share love and peace and unity with the people we encounter, we'd be contributing a positive line that can change the whole conversation.

i want to tell you that when i was in philadelphia, @Bearofdistinction was in touch with me via text - sharing extensively about where to go, what to see, and what to eat. he showed me the brotherly love that city is so famous for and guided me to some amazing food!

when i was in san francisco, i got to spend some (more) time with @Lance_Navarro - a man who warms my heart and affirms my choices with regards to this profession. we are brothers in this work and i most definitely feel the spirit of brotherly love when i am in his company.

thanks for reading this.

http://thedudenextdoor.com/secret/hidden/stuff/promo/56812.jpg

in the past couple of weeks, i've traveled to philadelphia and san francisco. you might think i couldn't have chosen two cities more different. what i found was that - despite being miles apart with different geography and history - both cities are a bounty of brotherly love. i was fortunate enough to get to spend some time with some amazing, smart, fun, sexy men. i ate good food, talked to strangers, took in the sights.

it's so easy these days to see division and divide in this country and even in the world. it's easy to see borders as firm lines between us and them. it's easy to see right and wrong, good and bad, left and right.

the fabric of society is made up of you and me. our bonds and connections are what can build up or break down our society. we might think the world is a fucking mess but if we can just tend to ourselves and share love and peace and unity with the people we encounter, we'd be contributing a positive line that can change the whole conversation.

i want to tell you that when i was in philadelphia, @Bearofdistinction was in touch with me via text - sharing extensively about where to go, what to see, and what to eat. he showed me the brotherly love that city is so famous for and guided me to some amazing food!

when i was in san francisco, i got to spend some (more) time with @Lance_Navarro - a man who warms my heart and affirms my choices with regards to this profession. we are brothers in this work and i most definitely feel the spirit of brotherly love when i am in his company.

thanks for reading this.

http://thedudenextdoor.com/secret/hidden/stuff/promo/56812.jpg

Thank you for the kind words Eric -- Next visit I hope to be in touch with something other than txt!

thanks for reading this.

http://thedudenextdoor.com/secret/hidden/stuff/promo/56812.jpg[/quote

We've never met but would love to someday. Seeing you with Lance (one of the true class acts ) is awesome. Great post.

Holding hands and chatting while sipping Mai Tais in a dive bar in Chinatown. It was a really wonderful afternoon spent with a most lovely, smart, sweet and sexy man. I'm glad we were able to make it happen. Hope I'll see you again soon darlin! Love you.

Lance and Eric sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S... oh, wait, that's not kissing... Ohhhhhhhh.

Lance and Eric sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S... oh, wait, that's not kissing... Ohhhhhhhh.

I have the very strong impression that given what I've read of Eric, there would definitely be some K-I-S-S-ing involved.

Hadn't realized that the children's taunt was trans-atlantic. I heard it in Albuquerque, New Mexico in the early 60's.

Learn something new every day! :)

I have the very strong impression that given what I've read of Eric, there would definitely be some K-I-S-S-ing involved.

Hadn't realized that the children's taunt was trans-atlantic. I heard it in Albuquerque, New Mexico in the early 60's.

Learn something new every day! :)

It isn't really used in the UK, but we get a lot of American TV. In my head it's sung in the voice of the twins from the Simpsons, so that's probably where I know it from.

It isn't really used in the UK, but we get a lot of American TV. In my head it's sung in the voice of the twins from the Simpsons, so that's probably where I know it from.

Thanks for taking the trouble to footnote the fine-point!

Archived