Checked out Manta Spa today - Weird Vibe, but Maybe Hugo?

MassageFanNYC
This topic is 2608 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So, the idea of a shower table REALLY intrigued me after reading what some of the others here said about it. I'm happily married so I definitely wasn't looking for sex, and I assumed it would not be the greatest massage ever, but the idea of being washed by a nude muscular Eastern European or Latino guy sounded pretty awesome, so I went into Manta today just to check it out and get a price list, and see who was working there, etc. I only had a short time while the person I care for was at a doctor's appointment, so I didn't expect to have an appointment, but would have been open to one if they would have had something in the 30 minute range with just the shower table table service and the guy available was one that would be visually appealing to me.

When I finally got let into the spa (took a few rings of the bell to get buzzed up), there was an Asian guy there who gave me a "who the hell are you and what do YOU want" look when I entered. I explained that I had read about the spa on here and was really interested in finding out how it all worked and if I had the choice of choosing from whoever was available at the time of my appointment. He showed me the price list, which had a minimum of a 45 minute appointment. I usually would have booked an hour or 90, but I tried to explain that I had an elderly patient that was expecting me back in 40 minutes and that I could only spare 1/2 hour if it were to be today. I guess they don't get walk in interest like that from serious clients who just want to understand what the lay of the land is there, because he seemed really put off that I was asking if they had a 1/2 hour session and didn't seem to care about my explanation. I'm sure they get the types who come in and just want to get off, but I had a real time constraint and was willing to come back. I'm really not into Asian guys from a visual standpoint (sorry, it's a horrible thing to say, but it's just not my cup of tea), and if I'm being completely honest, I was wanting to have the shower table experience with someone I thought was hot, otherwise I'd pass. But it felt SO weird being there facing this very guarded and suspicious Asian guy and not knowing how to say "is there anyone else available?". Even if they weren't willing to do a 30 minute appointment, I kind of wanted to know what level of attractiveness was generally there and available. So he called out another guy named "Hugo" (pronounced "Oogo") who was a VERY tall, somewhat attractive and muscular Eastern European guy. He would have been someone I could have enjoyed receiving the experience of the shower table with and would have liked to have seen in the nude. He took me back and showed me the shower table. I explained to him that I wanted the experience but that I had an elderly patient who would be waiting on me in 40 minutes and that I could only really do a 1/2 hour appt. He didn't offer the shorter appt and the Asian guy called out that I could have a 1/2 hour appt for the price of the 45 minute combined massage and shower table price. The prices for the shower table combo are higher and they apparently do not offer it as a standalone appointment, which would be such an awesome way to be massaged I would think. Even if the guy isn't a great massage therapist, I think it would feel great to be washed/massaged under the running water. Anyway, the only option they would give me was $80 for the 45 minute combo appt and that I could leave early if I wanted to. I asked Hugo if he was dressed or nude during the shower table part, he said he was dressed. So I realized that my idea of what it might be was either wrong, or that you won't know about the nudity unless you've paid your money and are having the actual appointment.

Anyway, I ended up leaving. They weren't interested in accommodating my tight time schedule, and I'm not necessarily put off by that per se (they have their rules, and that's fine), but between the highly suspicious demeanor of the Asian guy, and then finding out that the shower part isn't with a nude masseur, I'm not honestly sure I would go back again. So I'd be interested to hear from anyone here if anyone has experienced an appointment with "Hugo", and whether or not he was dressed or nude during the shower table part (feel free to PM me if you'd rather). Did I make a mistake for leaving when I could have paid Hugo 80 plus tip and only had a part of the allotted time with him? I'm sure under those sweats and t-shirt was a beautiful body that would have been fun to see. Should I try again when I have more time? What IS the best way to say to the Asian guy greeting you "I'm looking for a muscular guy who isn't Asian who is also willing to do the work in the nude and provide HE?" Or do you just not put it out there like that? Several years ago I had some very mixed experiences at the place on 10th and 50th. A couple of times it turned out really well and the guy did get nude and was willing to do a HE. Other times it was a bad massage with a disassociated guy who kept asking for tips but didn't do anything to actually earn a tip. And then there were the famous twins who were like night and day with their massages. One was pretty darn good and did some incredible sensual things that drove wild (but refused to undress or do HE), the other was cold and distant and gave the worst massage I may have EVER had. Most of the time, though, I just left frustrated that I spent the money, and it didn't balance out the one GREAT experience (he went by the name "John Carter" but is no longer in NYC, and was very enthusiastic with a great sense of humor).

Yet I'm still intrigued and always wanted to experienced a shower table, but not interested in being annoyed or disappointed I spent the money. Especially after I had GREAT success with finding an extraordinary massage from an independent guy last night (see my full review on a separate thread)... but I wouldn't insult that guy or his work by asking for a shower massage (besides, getting into an actual shower with another guy would feel wrong as a married guy - the shower table is a very Eastern European thing and my husband and I would consider that to be ok to do when away from each other because it's an established massage practice. But a regular shower with another guy would be no go.)

Would love feedback. Should I try again? Go to a different place? Put it off until I'm in a different city where I can get the experience I would like to have? On the NYC Spa thread on here, there were some very enthusiastic reviews of some of the Asian guys at a few of the spas here in NYC, but like I said earlier, it's not my cup o' tea, which is why I started a new thread specifically about Manta.

Archived