Crazy For You, Lincoln Center 2/19

This topic is 2518 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with B-N, last nights performance was terrific. Great music and dancing. Seemed like a lot of work went into it for only one performance.

It is a shame it's only one performance, though that does happen (this was not a benefit concert as far as I know, but I think those also tend to be one-offs). Encores does a full weekend, and the NY Phil concert musicals also usually run for a few performances.

Rehearsal time totally depends on the contracts, though, and it's usually less than you might think. I do know that in the case of the NY Phil Company from a few years back (gratefully done as an HD broadcast, later shown on PBS and released on DVD), that everyone learned the material on their own, and came together for ONE legit dress rehearsal (which if I remember correctly was on the day of the opening concert). Amazing how smoothly it ran considering that! :D

• 3 months later...

Archived