3-Minute Inspirational Video

BSR
This topic is 2671 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well, it's Monday morning, which is depressing enough for most of us. Moreover, our nation is in a state of turmoil. It's all so depressing, almost regardless of where you fall in the political spectrum. Despite mentioning politics, I don't want this thread to get thrown into the P&R category. I'd rather it remain in the Lounge because it's a bit of inspiration for everyone. Here is a video that you should be able to understand, even if you don't speak a word of Spanish. It's a Spain's Got Talent contestant whose performance ends up a total disaster. But the judging panel, in an unprecedented move, offers to give the kid a second chance. Watching the crowd's standing ovation, the joy of his family nervously watching in the wings, and the smile on the kid's face at the end really brightened up my day.

If and when he is 18, he could get it. His smile is so bright and warm! Wouldn't see that much positive renforcement at all on an American-Based Network Show that is competitive. I'm not saying they don't, just saying this didn't looked planned at all, him and his family were genuinely frustrated he couldn't land it. Bravo!

If and when he is 18, he could get it. His smile is so bright and warm! Wouldn't see that much positive renforcement at all on an American-Based Network Show that is competitive. I'm not saying they don't, just saying this didn't looked planned at all, him and his family were genuinely frustrated he couldn't land it. Bravo!

I would hope that the judges on America's Got Talent would do the same thing, but I kinda doubt it. My Canadian family members say that one of the differences between Americans & Canadians is that Americans are a lot more focused on winning, arguably to an unhealthy degree. Hey, this kid is never going to win Spain's Got Talent, but that's not the point. By giving him a second chance and talking with him a bit to calm the nerves, the judges gave him the opportunity to prove to the world that a trauma like losing his leg wasn't going to defeat him, which is probably all he really wanted.

I was a bit reluctant to comment on the kid's looks because he doesn't appear to be 18 yet, but come on, call a spade a spade. The kid is crazy good-looking, and his smile is killer. Between his good looks, killer smile, and terrific attitude in life, I'm guessing the girls (and a few boys) in his high school couldn't care less about the leg.

Archived