Alternative to Yahoo Finance

Kevin Slater
This topic is 2684 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For years I've used Yahoo Finance to get my daily stock market info. You create a portfolio of your holdings and it gives quotes and news pertaining those equities. But lately the site has been very wonky. I love fidelity.com for real time quotes, but it doesn't give the press concerning your stocks. Does anyone know of a site similar to Yahoo finance, preferably without all the recent bugs?

Kevin Slater

You may want to check out SeekingAlpha.com

Gives highlighted metrics as well as the financial press surrounding individual stocks. Additionally, each stock has a forum for investors or potential investors. I doubt prudent investors make decisions based on forum posts, but it has helped me consider alternative strategies.

Good luck

If you're looking for something that's free and very basic you can go to CNBC.com and set up your portfolio there. It allows you to get stock quotes on your securities. Also, if you click on the ticker symbol you can see daily news stories impacting that particular stock.

If you're looking for a software program to track all of your portfolios PM me and I'll give you the name of the program that is both inexpensive and superb in all areas of functionality.

"We make money the old fashioned way. We EARN it." - John Houseman for Smith Barney.

I'm stupid in investments. I also have a very, very capable fraternity brother who has been doing my investing for the past 33 years. When he left his prior brokerage, he took 98% of his clients with him. I use him and his brokerage's info. I don't mind paying him to do something I don't quite understand and could never foresee. He likes it, and enjoys making money for others. His greed coefficient is about 0 [zero].

Given his own family history--he inherited a house on the northern tip of Martha's Vineyard--I tell him that "[you] make money the old fashioned way. You INHERIT it."

Archived