The Amazing Race

Holden
This topic is 7018 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Did anyone watch the premier of the new Amazing Race yesterday? Very interesting couples...among them a gay couple who are rather funny to observe and a "son & mother", the son is not the most butch character and I suspect he is gay. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out in the weeks to come.

You suspect he might be gay! LOL. He couldn't wait to announce it to virtually everyone. When one of the pretty in pink blondies told him he looked exactly like her first boyfriend, his response was "Did he turn out gay, because I am." I laughed right out loud.

The gay characters on Amazing Race are real. I see them everyday here in the "ghetto," and I say, "Hooray for them." No excuses, no santizied, straight-ified version of acceptably gay characters. They're just ordinary, garden variety queers, giggles and all. It will be interesting to see if they have any depth -- just like the pink blondies or the muscleboy brothers.

Kudos to Amazing Race for consistently offering variety, diversity and a level of comfort for the everyday tpye character. I love these guys.

Archived