Oscar Thoughts 2005

joel304
This topic is 7027 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

JT, I definitely agree. Patton was truly a good movie, but the choice of George C. Scott as the lead was inspiring. Both Gen Patton and Scott, in real life, were irascible sons of bitches that suffered no fools, tolerated very little and had no use for convention. One more case of life imitating art, or vice versa.

Scott's career was illustrious, to say the least, although I wouldn't give him any awards for being a loveable human being. But then again, he wouldn't be the first talented actor that turns out to be a scumbag in real life.

I watched very little of the awards show because it got tiring after a short while. For me, the past shows that had both controversy and classy humor were worth watching in full. I fear that's no longer the case.

hd NYC

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMHO. Since the beginning of all the "Hype" Shows on CH'S 2,4..Awards up the Ying-Yang Shows..The Oscar's have really gotten to be just another "Boring Mutual Admiration" TV Show...God knows all these people are "Sinfully" over paid! The Statue just raises their Contract asking price! Moving them up a month, did absolutely Nothing to make it more Interesting. This Year they lost 2 million viewers..How about all the "EMPTY SEATS" at the Event! I am sure next year will be even more...Sadly the day of the "Big Event" is over..It is just another event, for strictly "PR People" and who they Manage... :+ :+ :+

Archived