Movie "Ong Bak:The Thai Warrior"

arthur
This topic is 7052 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

RE: Movie "Ong Bak:The Thai Warrior"

I first saw this film in Thailand when "Tony Jaa" was still being under his Thai name, Phanom Yeerum. The story is rather run-of-the-mill, but the fighting and stunt scenes are spectacular with none of the wire fu and computer graphics that so many martial arts films use today. Without a doubt, "Tony" is a superb athlete and some of his stunts are breathtaking. Unsubtitled DVDs are readily available from eBay and many of the Asian DVD websites.

You guys are killin me !!! No plot = no problem...fight scene and styles are the most important...must find theatre here that is playing it !!!

All of these movies are being geared to the breeders children...must...eliminate...breeders...and...their....perverse...lifestyle......

RE: Ong Bak:The Thai Warrior

For a Thai film, this has lots of plot and the acting has far better and more nuanced than is typical, particularly in the early village scenes that frame the story. I was impressed with the photography and the ability to set the mood of backstreet Bangkok and the changing world or rural Thailand. Although it's best known as backpaker ghetto, Khao San Road also has credible Muay Thai places. Still, a movie w/o foreigners would have been better for my taste. I have no problem with violence, but the martial arts stuff seemed to go on and on a bit too long. Still, Tony Jaa is very handsome and the stunts are well shot & edited.

My local alternative to Blockbuster has it on DVD (with subtitles) and it's still playing the art house circuit. It was in Atlanta a week or so ago and drew a better crowd than I would have expected.

I was a bit bored with the plot but enjoyed the movie. It's a very impressive fighting style I'd never seen before, and the star is quite nice to look at. I was pretty horny after the movie, luckily I saw it in Hollywood so I could go do something about that...

I'm a little surprised how widely it's playing, out here in LA at least. It's moved beyond 'art house' into several mainstreme/high-end theaters.

http://www.m-o-n.nl/Nieuws/Ongbak/Ongbak%2005.jpg

>Is this the movie I read about recently wherein the

>protagonist rises from a poor neighborhood to become a

>kick-boxing champion and then changes his sex? Quick,

>somebody, yell "Cut!"

>

>Trix

OH Trixie...You BAD girl! ;)

Archived