Time Savers / Productivity Hacks

OliverSaks
This topic is 2694 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hello friends,

I couldn't find a specific thread with what I'm looking for (but I know that productivity/business tips are scattered across a number of threads here).

I like to work smarter, not harder, so if anyone has any tips for workflow, I would be thankful.

I'll start with one:

1) when you type "omw" and iPhone changes to "on my way" -- I use this autoreplace / shortcut feature to save parts of my ad stats, so that I don't have to constantly type what I'm into and things like that. Under Settings->general->keyboard

E.g. "pppp" will input "My private gallery password is: oliver"

Happy Holidays,

Here's to productivity!

Keyboard shortcuts works great fro your address as well. And as long as you're doing it, let's not just say 299 West 14th Street, but how about something useful (cuz you're only typing it out once) like 299 West 14th Street, between 7th and 8th Avenues (closer to 8th). Apartment 9G. Dial 66 and the green "bell" button.

Kevin Slater

• With text replacement, you can also add words like fuck / fucking / incall that Apple seems always to want to replace otherwise.
  • Similar to settings > general > keyboards > text replacement on iOS is clippings in Firefox. Type it once, then right click and drag down to send canned phrases (address, rate, what have you).
  • Rubber sheets get antiseptically clean with hot water & windex, much quicker and cheaper than changing traditional sheets. And they feel great on the skin!
  • Citibike is the quickest and least expensive way around Manhattan-- a hooker's best friend.
  • Lube is much cheaper on the internet than other places. You can buy a big jug and decant.

Kevin Slater

Only if you live there. They're completely uneconomical for visitors.

$12 for unlimited rides for 24 hours (or $24 for three days) doesn't suck. You skip two cabs and it's paid for itself. But having to deal with the credit card / code thingee every time you check one out would be annoying. The fob that comes with a yearly membership is so convenient.

Kevin Slater

$12 for unlimited rides for 24 hours (or $24 for three days) doesn't suck. You skip two cabs and it's paid for itself. But having to deal with the credit card / code thingee every time you check one out would be annoying. The fob that comes with a yearly membership is so convenient.

Kevin Slater

The subway pretty much always works out cheaper. It's several times the price of the same system in London. I'm pretty sure Paris is considerably cheaper too.

• With text replacement, you can also add words like fuck / fucking / incall that Apple seems always to want to replace otherwise.
  • Similar to settings > general > keyboards > text replacement on iOS is clippings in Firefox. Type it once, then right click and drag down to send canned phrases (address, rate, what have you).
  • Rubber sheets get antiseptically clean with hot water & windex, much quicker and cheaper than changing traditional sheets. And they feel great on the skin!
  • Citibike is the quickest and least expensive way around Manhattan-- a hooker's best friend.
  • Lube is much cheaper on the internet than other places. You can buy a big jug and decant.

Kevin Slater

The same is true for Anglican Hymns sung in Cathedrals. My personal Favourites are St. Patrick's Breastplate, For All the Saints, and Hail Thee Festival Day.

Hello friends,

I couldn't find a specific thread with what I'm looking for (but I know that productivity/business tips are scattered across a number of threads here).

I like to work smarter, not harder, so if anyone has any tips for workflow, I would be thankful.

I'll start with one:

1) when you type "omw" and iPhone changes to "on my way" -- I use this autoreplace / shortcut feature to save parts of my ad stats, so that I don't have to constantly type what I'm into and things like that. Under Settings->general->keyboard

E.g. "pppp" will input "My private gallery password is: oliver"

Happy Holidays,

Here's to productivity!

Yes... Work Smart and not

Hard~!

I've also found that as iOS systems change on my phones, what works fastest the best chances as well~

On my iPhone 6s and 6s+ I have found that dictation actually has become more intuitive and accurate than typing~

So, now I dictate fairly often~

I also use typing shortcuts but, have found that sometimes I'm typing something and my phone inserts an unwanted shortcut that I have to correct~

So, now... I keep certain "standard facts and info" paragraphs pre typed in my "notes" app and copy/paste them into my conversations... I update them regularly and change the wording to keep things original, Client personalized and fresh~

Tyger~

tygerkink@yahoo.com

Archived