Street scenes - Could this old article be true? Was it really this way then?

coriolis888
This topic is 2640 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Others here can address the SMB scene because I never experienced it. As a Las Vegas resident, I do know more about the brothel issue. Although the Shady Lady grabbed tons of free publicity when it announced it had hired its first working guy, the experiment quickly fizzled. There wasn't that much demand for a male companion, the guy they hired wasn't attractive, and shock & surprise, he turned out to be a flake. His employment at the Shady Lady brothel was very brief, and no attempt was made to replace him. It makes me think the whole thing was just a ruse to get free publicity. At that, the madam definitely succeeded. The Shady Lady generated a helluva lotta buzz for a week or so, pretty good for an obscure little brothel in the middle of nowhere.

• 1 month later...

I averaged about 15 to 20 hours a week driving Santa Monica Boulevard, Western Avenue and Sunset Boulevard. I dated an occasional woman, twinks and transvestites. I was only active from 1983 to 1996. I no longer drive those streets because I see the destruction caused by LAPD and the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. If anything, the article understates what I encountered on a nightly basis. It was a magical time.

Archived