Ario in San Diego

Robkla
This topic is 2604 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 months later...

I've met Ario in two occasions. He's a SUPER nice guy.

But I got an STD from him :( I am sure he was not aware he had it... and did not do it on purpose.

I guess is a risk we all have to take. STD was gone in a couple of days with 2 pills... nothing to worry about fortunately!

But I got an STD from him :( I am sure he was not aware he had it... and did not do it on purpose.

Did you contact him to let him know about it?

I, unfortunately, have been in a similar situation, (although not with this guy) and I felt it was important to give a heads-up to those I'd been in contact with. To handle the situation diplomatically, it's important to not point any fingers of blame, but to just matter-of-factly state your diagnosis, and recommend that they get checked. I was pleasantly surprised how calmly and professionally the guys I contacted handled it, and some of them had already had routine STI testing since our meeting, and were clear.

I had some really positive take-aways from the experience: I learned that real professionals adhere to frequent STI testing schedules, not only for their own personal safety, but also for the safety of their clients. And, I was relieved that treating an STI (chlamydia in my case) was simple and straightforward (just two pills). I've come to really appreciate the frequent STI testing that is part of the PrEP protocols; I'm confident that I caught it early and did my part to prevent it from spreading around the community.

No, I didn't tell him, I am sure he had symptoms as well, you cannot miss them. And he got treated.

I haven't seen him since... I'd like to hire him again sometime. He lives in Tijuana, so he only does outcalls in San Diego county.

No, I didn't tell him, I am sure he had symptoms as well, you cannot miss them. And he got treated.

According to the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/std/chlamydia/stdfact-chlamydia-detailed.htm), "A large number of cases are not reported because most people with chlamydia are asymptomatic and do not seek testing." Of course, I'm just guessing that it is Chlamydia that we're talking about, but I think many STIs are often asymptomatic.

Please don't take my comments as any kind of personal attack. I feel that, unfortunately, STIs are fact of life for anyone who is sexually active, and fact-based, stigma-free discussion helps us all. As a community, we can help each other by following prudent testing regimens and notifying each other of probable exposure.

I haven't seen him since... I'd like to hire him again sometime. He lives in Tijuana, so he only does outcalls in San Diego county.

If you haven't seen him, and you didn't contact him, how do you know he got treated?

Archived