Nostalgia - Anybody remember the old 1960's Green Hornet TV show?

TruHart1
This topic is 2731 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Being a teenager back then, I loved this short-lived companion piece to the old Adam West Batman show! Even during my naïve, innocent pubescence, I found Van Williams extremely attractive, but this was at the time when I had crushes on most of the athletes and coaches (not to mention a few nerds!) at my school!

He just passed on November 29, 2016. RIP, Van Williams!

http://highlighthollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/van-williams-shirtless-893x1024.png

http://highlighthollywood.com/2016/12/van-williams-tvs-green-hornet-dies-at-82/

TruHart1 :cool:

@TruHart1 I suspect this thread would get more response in the Lounge where TV shows are usually discussed.

I thought anything related to entertainment was usually discussed in Comedy & Tragedy, which was why I posted it here. I don't want to start a duplicate thread in the Lounge, though, and I don't have any idea if there is a way to move a thread. Thanks for the advice though, @WilliamM.

I thought TV shows were a no-no in the Comedy & Tragedy forum.

This show never clicked for six-year-old me. Maybe if Van Williams had done more shirtless time it would have stirred some confusing feelings :-)

I've heard he was a big advocate for co-star Bruce Lee as Kato, always pushing to have Kato's part expanded and shown as more than an Asian stereotype.

@TruHart1 I suspect this thread would get more response in the Lounge where TV shows are usually discussed.

I thought TV shows were a no-no in the Comedy & Tragedy forum.

This show never clicked for six-year-old me. Maybe if Van Williams had done more shirtless time it would have stirred some confusing feelings :)

I've heard he was a big advocate for co-star Bruce Lee as Kato, always pushing to have Kato's part expanded and shown as more than an Asian stereotype.

Yes @poolboy48220, as @WilliamM pointed out upthread, I should have started this in "The Lounge." My error was that I failed to read the sub-headings on the "Comedy & Tragedy" forum where it does clearly state, "No television or pop music please."

My bad! :(:(:(

[Edited to point out that this appears to have been moved to "The Lounge" by TPTB!]

Archived