When to clean, etc.

pierrot
This topic is 7059 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>This...thread...must...end...my...will...is

>...weakening...must...be...juvenile...and

>filthy....nooooooooo...must go to...Disney...website...

Hang in there, big guy. You can do it!

I know what it's like. My grandmother the nurse used to read bowel movements like tea leaves. Years later I realized that my mother had picked up a lot from her. And this tendency showed up *gasp* even in me. But after many many strange looks I broke this vicious cycle. You can, too!

I had read this site before, but I must say that whoever wrote it is so purse-lipped about anal sex that the advice on douching makes little sense. An ear dropper of water to clean out your ass!!! This is ridiculous. Also they are so intent on telling people not to bareback that they practically ignore protected sex and how to clean out properly for that. Anecdotally the people on this site, and any gay man that has had frequent anal sex can tell you that you do have to douche out before hand. And if you're using a condom, it's not all that dangerous. I don't doubt that if you do it often, it's not too great for your intestines. This gay health site could be a lot more practical in telling you how often is too often, and give a much more detailed version to explain how to douche effectively without harming yourself. An ear dropper indeed.

Guest Tristan

You have some good points, but it isn't just this particular web site that is against enemas prior to anal sex. Dr. Stephen Goldstone, a very well respected gay doctor and author, who has appeared in live chat in various web sites also shares this view. He is one of the leading authorities on gay health and STDs. (I know someone is going to pounce on this previous sentence.) Anyway, just tossing it out as more information for whatever it's worth. I don't know who's right. What we do know is that anal fissures are very easy to create by evenly slightly abrasive objects like enemas. I think the jury is still out on this one.

Guest Tristan

You have some good points, but it isn't just this particular web site that is against enemas prior to anal sex. Dr. Stephen Goldstone, a very well respected gay doctor and author, who has appeared in live chat in various web sites also shares this view. He is one of the leading authorities on gay health and STDs. (I know someone is going to pounce on this previous sentence.) Anyway, just tossing it out as more information for whatever it's worth. I don't know who's right. What we do know is that anal fissures are very easy to create by evenly slightly abrasive objects like enemas. I think the jury is still out on this one.

>One more question, does

>anyone know how long it takes food to make to the colon? If

>you eat, say at 8 pm, what time can you expect that meal to

>get into your large intestines and/or colon?

Sometimes too long; sometimes not long enough.

Seriously, the answer to this depends on the individual and on the type(s) of food consumed. There is no one pat response.

Some people "move" once or more daily; others less frequently.

I think the one thing that most doctors WILL agree on is that its vital to get fiber in your diet; either naturally through the foods you eat and/or through a supplement AND to drink lots and lots of water to keep the intestines fluid.

This has been a good thread about an important topic, but I would suggest that many of these questions should also be directed to your health care professional (assuming you are comfortable discussing it) since its likely that he or she knows as much about your "inner workings" as anyone else.

hd NYC

>One more question, does

>anyone know how long it takes food to make to the colon? If

>you eat, say at 8 pm, what time can you expect that meal to

>get into your large intestines and/or colon?

Sometimes too long; sometimes not long enough.

Seriously, the answer to this depends on the individual and on the type(s) of food consumed. There is no one pat response.

Some people "move" once or more daily; others less frequently.

I think the one thing that most doctors WILL agree on is that its vital to get fiber in your diet; either naturally through the foods you eat and/or through a supplement AND to drink lots and lots of water to keep the intestines fluid.

This has been a good thread about an important topic, but I would suggest that many of these questions should also be directed to your health care professional (assuming you are comfortable discussing it) since its likely that he or she knows as much about your "inner workings" as anyone else.

hd NYC

Archived