Vonage Phone Service

TotallyOz
This topic is 7048 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I cannot be happier with this internet phone service. It allows me to take my phone where ever I go and call US and Canada free. It also gives me cheap rates for International calls.

On my recent trip to Sao Paulo, I hooked up my Panasonic phone to the internet at my hotel. Hotel phone rates are expensive so I take my phone with me whereever I go. My date for the week, http://www.boynextdoor.com and I used the phone to call all local Sao Paulo, Brazil numbers as well as Rio numbers. In total for the week, we spent over 500 minutes on calls inside Brazil for about .06 cents per minute. It was a tremendous savings over the hotel phone or his cell phone.

When I go in airports that are wireless, I can also hook up with my headset on my laptop much like other net companies and call. This is great for example when I get delayed in Tokoyo and have a car waiting for me in Bangkok. I call them and let them know the new schedule.

It also lets me receive calls from my number in NYC as well as an 800 number and a 514 Montreal number. It I am away, it goes to voice mail and I get a e-mail with that message immediately.

All in all, I would say it is an amazing value for the money. It has saved me a fortune just on my trip here in Brazil.

Yes Vonage rocks. I've been using it for alost 2 years.

As for the nay sayers, they always bring up:

No 911 service

No service if your internet connection is out or your have no power. To them I say, who cares. You have a fricking cell phone.

And my cable modem service from comcast works better than my sprint line ever did.

Love it too

I am in Germany for a short project brought my Vonage box with me plugged into broadband in the mills office and can make calls to the States for free and it is even cheaper calling Europe or Asia routing my calls thru it via the States than rates here.

The service is good when I am home also.

Archived