PreCum - the purpose

ready182
This topic is 7056 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have always had this theory that the purpose of precum is to protect the "swim team". As I understand it, sperm are pretty vulnerable, and therefore exposure to a mild acid such as leftover urine would kill them. I think Precum neutralizes any remaining acid in the launch tube to ensure the little "guys" survive the trip.

Guest Tampa Yankee

You got half of it. Mother nature is remarkably efficient sometimes killing two or more birds with one stone. Just one feel of the substance gives away is lubricating quality. Without lubrication the species is less likely to copulate and if it does then for shorter duration -- neither circumstance adding to the survival of the species. And highly acidic or basic fluids kill off the sperm thus she weeded out the the bad recipes, thankfully. Maybe odor plays a role to enhance the sexual urge as well ? and taste!! :p

Archived