Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

foxy
This topic is 2849 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Looks like this London hit might be coming to Broadway. With a running time of 5 hours 15 minutes it might be a challenge for audiences with little attention span, but sounds intriguing. To be seen back to back in one day or over consecutive nights should give everyone a break for food and the wc. No celebrity casting which I personally think is a blessing. Frankly I loved the books and look forward to this play if it hits our shores.

Looks like this London hit might be coming to Broadway. With a running time of 5 hours 15 minutes it might be a challenge for audiences with little attention span, but sounds intriguing. To be seen back to back in one day or over consecutive nights should give everyone a break for food and the wc. No celebrity casting which I personally think is a blessing. Frankly I loved the books and look forward to this play if it hits our shores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blTTqO3YfHs

Thanks so much to Marylander for posting those videos. I'm excited about this show. Can't say it will be the next Hamilton as they are so different but this could be next years hot ticket. I'm buying.

Of course, I've heard about the play opening in London and the book version becoming the year's biggest publishing event. BUT I had no idea the play was 5 1/2 hours long! For real? All in one sitting? I think JK must have been at a performance of Wagner's Ring cycle when she got the idea.:eek:

*****SPOILERS*******

I just finished reading the script. There are parts I liked and parts I didn't.

I will say that in the original book I was fairly sure that Snape was on the side of good long before Rowling revealed it. But I still wasn't fond of him. I thought Rowling's attempt to rehabilitate him at the end ignored the fact of how thoroughly evil he treated people even if on the side of good. I like him a bit better after reading this. Strangely enough, I may like Harry less.

Gman

Actually not in one sitting. It's in two parts. I'm reminded of Nicholas Nickelby which did something similar.

Well that makes more sense but even if it's two parts on the same day that would be too much Potter for me at one go. ;)

Archived