LOOKING series finale

mmk123
This topic is 2848 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just the series finale movie of Looking on HBO and I thought it was slightly bittersweet. This was a series I truly loved and was very sorry that it was cancelled but if the ratings were not there then they were not. I was glad that HBO gave it a chance to visit these characters one more time. The movie takes place about 8 months after the 2nd season concluded so we are caught up on what has happened since then and where the characters are going for the most part. I felt that the series was wrapped up very nicely but there are things we are still wondering about. I know others may disagree with me but I thought that this series was very well done and was only beginning to show the many facets and nuances of gay life and I do think it is a shame that we will not see where the series would have gone.

I never saw any of the series, but I watched the "sequel," so I HAD to watch the first season, which I liked a lot. Unfortunately, I can't find the second season for rent on Netflix, nor can I buy it on Amazon. I guess I'll just have to wait a while. Any suggestions?

The show had its faults, and I had a love-hate relationship with Patrick (Jonathan Groff's character) but I was very sad to see it go. It was nice that they had a chance to wrap it up. I'm a sucker for a happy ending and I needed to see Patrick and Richie get back together. Richie was really the only one that I was rooting for because he was the only one that wasn't completely self-absorbed.

I never saw any of the series, but I watched the "sequel," so I HAD to watch the first season, which I liked a lot. Unfortunately, I can't find the second season for rent on Netflix, nor can I buy it on Amazon. I guess I'll just have to wait a while. Any suggestions?

"Looking, Season 2" is still available on HBO. I can not find any evidence that Season 2 will be released on DVD on Amazon. TLA Video, accessible on this site, lists availability on Dec. 31, 2006.

All of the episodes from Season Two are available to purchase to watch on Amazon or smart phones.

The show had its faults, and I had a love-hate relationship with Patrick (Jonathan Groff's character) but I was very sad to see it go. It was nice that they had a chance to wrap it up. I'm a sucker for a happy ending and I needed to see Patrick and Richie get back together. Richie was really the only one that I was rooting for because he was the only one that wasn't completely self-absorbed.

I completely agree about Richie I know that Bernard Tovey (Kevin) was appearing in "A View from The Bridge" on Broadway, so had to fly to LAX on weekends. So perhaps there was no time to completely explain why Kevin and Jon were back together. Or, the producers of the show may have decided no further explanation was needed.

Jonathan Groff has the acting ability to play a character with more depth. Perhaps Groff's character was written to introduce straight HBO customers to gay life Even as I wrote the last sentence I had doubts, but kept it because there still are small towns in this country where the characters in "Looking" would be a surprise.

Jonathan Groff has the acting ability to play a character with more depth.

That's actually the reason for my love-hate feelings. I really disliked "Patrick," but Jonathan Groff is a good actor and was utterly charming when he was on Andy Cohen's show.

I was also disappointed that Russell Tovey was only in one scene. He tweeted a beefcake photo prior to the premiere and I was hoping that was a sign of good things to come. :p:p

I also saw the HBO movie but had never seen a single episode of the series. It was a little hard to follow, but ok.

I can see why. Without knowing the full backstory on Patrick & Richie's relationship (Patrick completely ruined the relationship and broke Richie's heart) and Patrick & Kevin's relationship, it wouldn't have much emotional impact. They reminisced enough so that people could figure out they had past relationships, but you really had to go through it with them over the course of many episodes to appreciate Richie's reluctance and Kevin's anger.

SPOILER ALERT

Archived