"The Free State of Jones"

beethoven
This topic is 2867 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I saw this yesterday, and liked it. Not a "wonderful" movie , but well-acted, and quite accurate as far as history goes. It's a wonderful teaching vehicle, if superficial, about the history of race relations in America. It's occasionally hard to connect the narrative dots, and some of the actors mumble (as many do in movies and on TV these days), but all in all, I liked the movie, and I think that most of you will, also.

I saw this yesterday, and liked it. Not a "wonderful" movie , but well-acted, and quite accurate as far as history goes. It's a wonderful teaching vehicle, if superficial, about the history of race relations in America. It's occasionally hard to connect the narrative dots, and some of the actors mumble (as many do in movies and on TV these days), but all in all, I liked the movie, and I think that most of you will, also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_County,_Mississippi

I'm sure it won't be popular in the South because it talks about small government, anti taxes, and minding their own business (not abandoning their farms and fighting a war for the $ interests of others) in action and not just talking about it...

Archived