what to buy tickets for

jakeleyman
This topic is 2882 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I want to buy a 20 year old female and a friend tickets to a Broadway play. She wanted to see She Loves Me but it is closing. She likes musicals, particularly liked Kinky Boots and has seen Wicked, Phantom, and most of the hits still running from recent years. I cant afford Hamilton (850 is cheapest for her date). I was looking at American in Paris - haven't run through reviews on that. Would you suggest this or do you recommend others? Thanks

When is her trip to NYC? She Loves Me closes July 10th. I'm going up to see it again this weekend. I loved this production.

I really enjoyed Shuffle Along. The tap choreography is spectacular. The Color Purple is also wonderful. I did not like the original production 10 years ago, but the current revival is like watching a completely different show. I saw An American in Paris in January and didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would. Portions of it were kind of dull.

Yes - when is her trip?

DEAR EVAN HANSEN (http://dearevanhansen.com/) is shaping up to be next year's big new musical. Performances begin in November, though.

In terms of big fun musicals (like KINKY BOOTS), you might look into ON YOUR FEET which isn't the cleverest musical to hit Broadway but it's dazzling and fun. I've not seen either SOMETHING ROTTEN or SCHOOL OF ROCK but the lotsa folks seem to really like both. The current production of FIDDLER is great, as is the new COLOR PURPLE. I think FUN HOME is great, but is a more modestly framed musical and thus not to everyone's tastes.

ALSO:

Does she know that SHE LOVES ME will be livestreaming next Saturday? Access/info available here:

https://www.broadwayhd.com/index.php/deliverable/r/she_loves_me_live

Archived