She was told she couldn't do yoga... Look at her now!

marylander1940
This topic is 2880 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

First and foremost, I am a huge yoga fan, for physical, mental, and spiritual reasons, and the fact that she has embraced this is incredibly uplifting to me. Yes, she's carrying some weight, but her body is strong and capable and graceful, and while I can't say what she's doing nutrition-wise, I believe she's on an amazing path on so many levels, and is an excellent role model for people whose weight stops them from even trying something like yoga. I've been witness to, and have personally experienced, what I think of as body alienation--basically where you're so unhappy with your own body that you sort of disconnect from it. You don't listen to the signals it gives you anymore. For me, this started at an early age.I had to be in my forties and sitting in a hospital bed, suffering from auto-immune disease, before it washed over me how hard my body has worked for me all these years, and yet I've been terribly unkind to it. That wake-up call was on a day two years ago, and the changes I've made in the way I perceive my 'vehicle'--the fuel I put in it, the thoughts I have about it, everything--has put me into remission with my illness and completely changed my life. I live each day trying to honor myself, and it's made it easier to honor others. I just had a strong positive response to her. :)

Archived