Sex Tourism Arrest

eastbayguy
This topic is 7132 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This possibly belongs in the Asia travel forum, but I decided to post it here in the hope more people would read it. This is rather sad, if you ask me. Certainly makes you wonder how they figured this out and put the pieces together?

All the stranger when you consider who was arrested. From today's SF Chronicle, online edition. No subscription required to read.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/11/09/BAGPA9OE981.DTL

--EBG

> This possibly belongs in the Asia travel forum, but I decided

> to post it here in the hope more people would read it. This

> is rather sad, if you ask me. Certainly makes you wonder how

> they figured this out and put the pieces together?

Since the article says he exchanged emails with federal agents

posing as pedophiles it sounds like a fairly standard FBI sting.

If you re-read the article you'll see how they "figured it out." He fell for a sting.

In case anyone here has been living under a rock for the past 15 years or so, pedophilia has become a gigantic cultural issue in the U.S. and in many other countries. You can be arrested and convicted just for having impure thoughts about underage sex objects! (Really!) So be warned. Stay away from websites that feature young guys, or talk about them, or offer pictures of them, or arrange trips to meet them. If you don't, you may get a chance to enjoy your own personal nightmare. . .

Archived