Happy Gin & Tonic Day

ArVaGuy
This topic is 2346 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Researchers at Innsbruck University found that people who enjoy bitter flavors like the tonic water in a gin and tonic, black coffee, and dark chocolate are more prone to "Machiavellianism, psychoticism, and narcissism," among other traits.

More than 900 men and women were surveyed in the Austrian study. In addition to grading sour, salty and bitter foods on a scale, participants were asked to answer questionnaires gauging their emotional stability.

"Supertasting, that is, having a high sensitivity to bitter compounds, has been consistently linked to increased emotionality in humans and rats," the study stated.

"Bitter taste experiences were shown to elicit harsher moral judgements and interpersonal hostility."

Scientists found that those who favored bitter food and drinks more often than not displayed a higher number of negative personality traits.

I don't know what they are talking about. I enjoy those things and I am perfect. They are obviously idiotic assholes who know nearly nothing. I don't know how they even made it into a university much less Innsbruck (?) U. If I ever get near them I will whup them good.