Well this is a different kind of cover

seaboy4hire
This topic is 3031 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm not sure what to think of this cover of Nirvanas song In Bloom. I grew up and loved Nirvana and still enjoy their albums.

Hugs,

Greg

Thanks for posting - likewise a fan.

I've not heard this cover but am not really crazy about it. What was Cobain's jagged vocals and aggressive guitar feels like a smoothed-over easy-listening pop tune with a new-country twang. Kind of ironic considering the lyrics.

Thanks for posting - likewise a fan.

I've not heard this cover but am not really crazy about it. What was Cobain's jagged vocals and aggressive guitar feels like a smoothed-over easy-listening pop tune with a new-country twang. Kind of ironic considering the lyrics.

I wonder who ok'd the cover, Courtney, the band, lil Bean or all three?

Hugs,

Greg

I wonder who ok'd the cover, Courtney, the band, lil Bean or all three?

Hugs,

Greg

Not Courtney and maybe not even Bean. From The Guardian:

"(Bean) turned 18 in August 2010, taking ownership of most or all of her trust fund. She and her mother are now apparently locked in a battle over a collection of Cobain's belongings, including musical equipment, clothing and several of
. But rights to Nirvana's music seems to have nothing to do with either of them: administrative rights for Cobain's songs are overseen by a company called
, and Primary Wave's Larry Mestel also owns 50% of the publishing rights.

Not Courtney and maybe not even Bean. From The Guardian:

"(Bean) turned 18 in August 2010, taking ownership of most or all of her trust fund. She and her mother are now apparently locked in a battle over a collection of Cobain's belongings, including musical equipment, clothing and several of
. But rights to Nirvana's music seems to have nothing to do with either of them: administrative rights for Cobain's songs are overseen by a company called
, and Primary Wave's Larry Mestel also owns 50% of the publishing rights.

Sounds like Primary Wave Music is a smaller version or similar to Live Nation.

Hugs,

Greg

Archived