Please Read - My Sincere Apologies To Everyone Here On The Forum!!!

JDXXX
This topic is 2961 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. I have breakfast at 6am, usually a grapefruit, whole grain toast and a poached egg. The pipes in my condo building bang and make odd noises. Most of the young people on the bus are wearing headphones or looking at their smart phones. Several older riders read the newspaper. JD posts a long and earnest speech. It's all part of life here on planet earth.

Wait, they still sell paper newspapers? :) And do you put butter, jam or both on your whole grain toast? Maybe we'd be better off as a society of the young and old riders on the bus switched activities :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe we'd be better off as a society of the young and old riders on the bus switched activities :)

Or something like that.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-B24NXD9UsfE/TtCSHR17y5I/AAAAAAAAVWw/rDv_Wpgrj_o/s1600/0punkflipsbird.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_IAEtr6JTr0/TtCSBsU7mJI/AAAAAAAAVWk/LZ8o_q0P8Lc/s1600/0punkonbus.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bJvru0XaQxs/TtCg8IOedoI/AAAAAAAAVW8/411zp4R5tFA/s1600/thegiants.png

Just so you know - I'm not the one who keeps rehashing it. Go to the "bragging" thread and you'll see what a good example of what I'm talking about.

All I'm doing is trying to make right for all the drama that's happened in the past, and start new here on the forum with no drama nor people being mad at me over crazy BS. I'm trying to not rehash the past by debating, but some people tend to not wanna let me forget, so what is there to do. I just want to apologize, work on my issues, and be at peace for once by not having any one mad at me or disturbed with me for whatever reasons - that's all.

I wonder if the reason so many people have trouble saying they are sorry and making an effort to patch things up is that too many people won't let them. It's like our prison system - the United States has 5% of the world population but 25% of the prison population. Americans love punishing people and there's nearly no such thing as "enough punishment". Whenever possible people should respond by being graceful, forgiving and letting someone work at making amends. If we keep chewing at them its natural they are going to get defensive and others who see that reaction are less likely to open themselves up and apologize. Unless someone has hurt my dog or loved one (they need to find another universe to live in if they did that), I'm ready to find a way to move forward. When I apologize to someone its a big step and I see that's true for others who have apologized to me.

So, JD, while I'm not someone you hurt or offended I'm hopeful others will let you do as you've outlined and make amends. None of us are perfect. If I had $10 for every mistake I've made in my life I could fund the retirements of those who are members of this board. Thank God I've never really hurt someone and I make far less mistakes today than yesterday. When I've apologized, every person involved accepted it and better relationships resulted. Sometimes space was need for a while but they were all gracious to me. I tried not to make mistakes but because of how others have reacted when I apologized I've gotten better at apologizing and building a network of understanding friends who I give slack to when needed.

People can choose to accept an apology and move forward or not, their right. You can't take money to the next world and when you get there failing to forgive during our lifetime means demerits, not extra credit. "What would Jesus do?"

And as for how many links in your profile and self promoting or whatever. It's America where we are generally free and so do what makes you happy and works for you in that regard.

Now have a nice freaking evening everyone...damnit ! If necessary or desired, one or more Gin & Tonics.

I can only answer that for myself. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Steven(No offense) That is 100% positively fine with me as already your coming off aggressively negative and from that - Ditto - I feel the same way as there is no win with you is why were no longer friends at this point. If you choose not to forgive - that's your choice, but not my loss being were not a match in our personalities, and that's okay as I'm okay with that.

Nevertheless, I'm not going to hold a grudge here as it's too much negative energy, and trying to move from that, Steven. Considering all the damage, and drama that's been done on BOTH sides of the coin, I'm going to forgive you, and move on. You don't have to forgive me as we may no longer be friends, but it would be nice to be civil and kind towards one another for once, and try to put the horror that's happened with us laid to rest. Those days of nastiness and turmoil with us are over(for me anyway), and time to move on to new and better horizons in life.

I think we've got our points across in the end by doing and saying not so kind acts imaginable towards one another that were horrific for which I terribly regret.

Killian nailed it. So far 14 people, including me, have agreed with him.

I agree with a lot to what Killian said too indeed, but not everything when it comes to what my true intentions were in creating this thread. A few people here on the forum myself included)may understand why I wanted to express my apologies, but there are some members who don't understand, and that's fine as I don't expect for a lot of people to understand(even though I explained it all in the OP what this all about.

Please don't take what Killian said as advice to call or email me.

Not worry I wont - and never intended to. With that kind of attitude your throwing at me - No way. Sorry. From this reaction it just goes to show - somethings you cant fix.

As one of the people who used to be a friend and isn't any longer, there is nothing you can do to "heal" a friendship that is completely destroyed.

With all due respect, Steven, if that's the way your going to approach the matter then yes, I'm sorry - maybe somethings are not meant to be fixed as I agree with what you said 100%.

I am going to admit with all sincerity - It's not like you didn't part-take our friendship being destroyed like it did, so the comment you made is true indeed, but can go both ways. I'm sorry for what happened to us which is unfortunate, and can't take back of the destruction that took place which was horrible, but can at least apologize, and offer to do what I can on my side of the spectrum to make whatever wrong I did on my end right. I was wrong for doing mean things by getting even for the wrong you done unto me, and for that I take responsibility for not thinking clearly being filled with hurt and anger from the attacks that took place from you on and outside of the forum.

Again, BOTH parties were at fault for doing evil and unspeakable stuff to each other that was unbelievable, and on that note, I apologize for on my end as two wrongs don't make a right to any feud.

If your goal is healing, you can only leave me and others like me alone and spare us having to read this, and instead focus on healing yourself.

Steven - No one is forcing you to read or comment on this thread you know. I appreciate your input, and outlook to the situation don't get me wrong, but try to minimize the directness by coming off more open-minded. Not everyone on this forum are like you in not wanting to hear what's on my mind - there are some people out there who (believe it or not) care about me and what's going on in my life that I would like to share and open up about.

Think of it this way, Steven(and again - no disrespect to you or anyone else) - maybe it's best to not commit on the thread if it bothers or upsets you to read it, and spare those members who are supportive to the situation as what I'm posting about forgiveness not is a bad thing. Actually I'm finding what I'm posting is a good thing as I was advised to do so in order to start the healing process, and to grow emotionally.

You're more then welcome to commit, as I do appreciate your feedback/advice, believe me I do, but let's try and keep this as positive as possible okay. This is all meant to be taken in a positive direction. I don't mean in any way for this thread but to come off no other way.

As one of the members who felt you went too far on your last post 2 months ago - I don't want such drama on this thread, and would like to keep it drama-free if possible okay. This is all about healing, and forgiveness, and would like for you to be a part of it, but only if you want to and feel it'll be beneficial for not only me, but for everyone on the forum to share, and be involved with as a family.

You have my deepest hope that works well for you, JD.

Thank you, Steven as that very kind of you to say as my healing is working out well, and, wish you well in your life too. Plan to keep it that way for the better. :)

I wonder if the reason so many people have trouble saying they are sorry and making an effort to patch things up is that too many people won't let them. It's like our prison system - the United States has 5% of the world population but 25% of the prison population. Americans love punishing people and there's nearly no such thing as "enough punishment". Whenever possible people should respond by being graceful, forgiving and letting someone work at making amends. If we keep chewing at them its natural they are going to get defensive and others who see that reaction are less likely to open themselves up and apologize. Unless someone has hurt my dog or loved one (they need to find another universe to live in if they did that), I'm ready to find a way to move forward. When I apologize to someone its a big step and I see that's true for others who have apologized to me.

So, JD, while I'm not someone you hurt or offended I'm hopeful others will let you do as you've outlined and make amends. None of us are perfect. If I had $10 for every mistake I've made in my life I could fund the retirements of those who are members of this board. Thank God I've never really hurt someone and I make far less mistakes today than yesterday. When I've apologized, every person involved accepted it and better relationships resulted. Sometimes space was need for a while but they were all gracious to me. I tried not to make mistakes but because of how others have reacted when I apologized I've gotten better at apologizing and building a network of understanding friends who I give slack to when needed.

People can choose to accept an apology and move forward or not, their right. You can't take money to the next world and when you get there failing to forgive during our lifetime means demerits, not extra credit. "What would Jesus do?"

And as for how many links in your profile and self promoting or whatever. It's America where we are generally free and so do what makes you happy and works for you in that regard.

Now have a nice freaking evening everyone...damnit ! If necessary or desired, one or more Gin & Tonics.

You nailed it right on the nose, Frequent as I couldn't agree with you more to everything you said, and pointed out that was brilliant. Thank you so much for point out this information being with some of the members that exactly the kind of reaction I'm getting being all I wanna do is be positive, and make right for my side of the disagreements - not have a lynch mob after me. At least I'm making an effort to do so as like you said - there are many people who wont even think in a million years in doing this by coming clean, and say "I'm sorry - can you forgive me". When you do apologize people wanna hold grudges, chew me out, and make me out to be the most God awful human being on earth.

As quiet as it's kept, It's not like these people I'm reaching out to didn't do or say hurtful things to me as well, but am willing to open the doors of my heart, and forgive, and heal from it.

I wish everyone could see eye-to-eye how genuine my apology thread is, and sorry there wasn't a way people could see inside my soul of your sincerity. :).

Thank you so much for pointing out what I couldn't say, but been wanting to say from the heart. I'm grateful, and taken heed to everyone's input.

Archived