Movie: The Butterfly Effect

ready182
This topic is 7177 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If there is such thing as off topic for the lounge this is probably it!

I decided to watch this movie hoping for some good Austin Kutcher (sp?) eye candy shots. But while these were limited, I found that I really enjoyed the movie. On the surface, the movie is about a college-age guy who discovers that he can go back in time and change events. But the real thought-provoking content of the movie is how specific events in your life significantly effect not only yourself, but greatly effect the lives of many others around you. For example, how your decisions made near kindergarten age can result in a young girl becoming a crack ####, or her committing suicide, or her being your college girlfriend, or her being a friends college girl friend.

I don't think this movie was "big" at the box office or with critics, but I found it entertaining!

Ready

If there is such thing as off topic for the lounge this is probably it!

I decided to watch this movie hoping for some good Austin Kutcher (sp?) eye candy shots. But while these were limited, I found that I really enjoyed the movie. On the surface, the movie is about a college-age guy who discovers that he can go back in time and change events. But the real thought-provoking content of the movie is how specific events in your life significantly effect not only yourself, but greatly effect the lives of many others around you. For example, how your decisions made near kindergarten age can result in a young girl becoming a crack ####, or her committing suicide, or her being your college girlfriend, or her being a friends college girl friend.

I don't think this movie was "big" at the box office or with critics, but I found it entertaining!

Ready

This movie received TERRIBLE reviews. When it first opened, in fact, maybe at the premiere, it was reported that audience members were laughing out loud during the "dramatic" moments. I think someone here said that Ashton Kucher is the 2004 version of Scott Baio. That's harsh!

This movie received TERRIBLE reviews. When it first opened, in fact, maybe at the premiere, it was reported that audience members were laughing out loud during the "dramatic" moments. I think someone here said that Ashton Kucher is the 2004 version of Scott Baio. That's harsh!

I rented it last week and watched the "Director's Cut". I enjoyed it too. "The Godfather" won't be knocked from its hallowed perch in filmdom's pantheon, but it was a good popcorn movie.

I have a feeling the director's cut has ALOT more of the kids' stories at the beginning because it toook forever to finally get to the present.

However, could someone please explain the ending to me?

SPOILER ALERT!

DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE.

(scroll down)

(further)

(even further)

(keep going)

(I'm making you work for this)

Did he go back to the womb and somehow kill himself? I couldn't figure that one out. And if so, how did he do it?

Bewilderedly yours,

FFF

Archived