Jayne Mansfield's Daughter

Bearofdistinction
This topic is 2990 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Mariska Hargitay from Law and Order SVU is the 2 year old on Jayne's lap

I had finished college in Massachusetts when Jayne Mansfield died. Her death and the false rumor surrounding her death is likely the first time people remember about her, even before her extraordinary physical measurements her famous daughter and her films & many. many talk show appearances.

After all these year, I assume her family has made peace with all the rumors.

I do not search for errors on the Internet, but the following is wrong:

"in 1964, she performed in stage productions of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes at Carousel Theater and Bus Stop at Yonker Playhouse. Both co-starred Mickey Hargitay and were well-reviewed."

Mansfield certainly had the acting and singing ability to perform in the two shows mentioned. But, it was not at the Carousel Theater in Massachusetts. A very minor point though.

Great clip. Thanks.

But I'm pretty sure Mariska is the dark-haired girl (although it sounded like she was saying her name was "Maria")--in which case, the clip is early evidence that she had an actors' instinct for commanding a scene.

Jayne Mansfield had five children. She acknowledges in the clip that it's Jayne Marie (her oldest, from her first marriage) who is not there. The next three are from her marriage to Mickey Hargitay (Mariska and her older brothers). The youngest child is her son from her last marriage.

Archived