Football Fans (Fantasy or Reality)

FourAces
This topic is 7203 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Any football fans around here? The NFL season seems to have begun with a whimper. Hopefully the games later today will spark things up a bit.

I'm in a fantasy league on Yahoo. Last year I came in first place (in my league) but didn't have enough points to place in the money.

RT :)

I'm in one Fantasy Football league. They can be a lot of fun, as well as good bragging with your friends. In fact I thought about doing a Hooboy league but the hurricanes kept me too busy to post and suggest it. Perhaps next year?

Good job on your success last year. It's not easy to do that well.

Jeff

I am a football fanatic (go Patriots!), however, it is so nice here today I hate being inside, since there won't be many more nice days here. If I could I would stay in all day Sat and watch College and all day Sunday and watch NFL! I tried a fantasy football league, I always forget about it half way through the season, probably because I am usually in last place. I am soooo happy football has started!!

First off plan to come to Florida sometime this winter Spida. Yeah AFTER the hurricane season. sigh

Fantasy football leagues work best among groups of freinds. So during the week there is plenty of opportunity to commiserate over losses or plan strategy or just good old fashioned trash talking.

My team name is "The Fat Olsen Twin". Now all my straight football buddies think I'm mean.}(

Jeff

Those rare moments when I'm home on a Sunday, I'll try to catch a game every now and then. Most of my buddies are NFL fanatics. I'm constantly being updated on the results. You're absolutely right about the current NFL season. The leagues have gotten off on a wrong footing and so far the games seem lackluster. Other than that there is still ample time for the television networks to get the ratings up.

As to the teams themselves, I think Oakland Raiders have a really good chance of showcasing some real good talent. As mentioned before, the Patriots is a team as always to look out for. Lets not forget the Cowboys. This team has a vast rich history in the NFL, for the last few years not a really good one at that, mainly what goes on off the field. I personally think that Coach Bill Parcells has done a terrific job of being able to turn this team around. This is the first time since the days of Coach Jimmy Johnston, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Dion Sanders that this team has a chance to make it to the top. The team that I really sorry for ( with the exclusion of the Raiders ) are the Green Bay Packers. I believe this season will be Brett Favres last as QB for the Packers. By Thanksgiving weekend, it'll be interesting to see who is in the run for the AFC and NFC championships.

I think college football is itself taking off in quite an interesting way. Coach Pete Carroll has done a terrific job with USC Trojans since 2002. Matt Leinhert, QB for the Trojans has a good shot at the Heisman Trophy this season, unless tendinitis continues to bother him. (Former Heisman Trophy winner Carson Palmer makes his debut in the NFL, I hope he does well as QB for Pittsburgh). Penn State is a team to watch for this and next season, along with Oklahoma and Florida State. As for Oklahoma, well they managed to crush UCLA Bruins last weekend. To give credit, Coach Karl Dorrell and the Bruins are in a much better shape now than they were twelve months ago. Last year, Matt Moore and Drew Olsen kept on taking turns as QB. This season Moore left and Olsen decided to stay for his senior year with the Bruins. The nice aspect is at least he didn't get sacked in the opening game last weekend. Compared to a year ago, when Olsen looked terrible on the field. They couldn't even beat Cal Poly, these guys are absolute crap. So far this current season, UCLA has done quite well, they will definitely need to work on the defense. They have one too many injuries.

Lets hope the NFL and NCAA make an impact on the 2004 season on football in a positive way.

Rohale

Yesterday was such a great day!~

After an early morning hot hook up , and on only three hours sleep, I got to see all of my teams win.

UCLA over Illinois

Notre Dame over Michigan (Go Irish)

USC over CSU (Our quarter back looked pretty strong, elbow and all)

and the DODGERS over St. Louis in a great come-from-behind win)

Days like that are too few and far between for me.

Now where is my remote control?

Well we could STILL do one but I wouldn't bother unless 8 people participate and pay their nominal entry fee for a yahoo or cbs.com league. We would have to have our draft THIS week and would run till Week 17 for our Super Bowl.

Any other interested parties? Or should we file this away till next year? Respond here or feel free to email me here from this site.

Jeff

Archived