Omar in Sherman Oaks anyone?

clayco123
This topic is 2006 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I find it odd that Masseurfinder allows Omar to use the word sensual in the headline to his ad, and also in the text. He couldn't give sensual massages in his last job, but he can now? I'm glad to hear that, but the word seems to have slipped by the censors. Then he says that he massages shirtless, but in shorts? Are we assume that the shorts are soon shed?

I find it odd that Masseurfinder allows Omar to use the word sensual in the headline to his ad, and also in the text. He couldn't give sensual massages in his last job, but he can now? I'm glad to hear that, but the word seems to have slipped by the censors. Then he says that he massages shirtless, but in shorts? Are we assume that the shorts are soon shed?

I know right, I was wondering the same thing....

I've been to him. Nice body, good massage. He had longer hair when i saw him last year. He's allowed to use a friends massage studio in Beverly Hills area. But had some issues. 1) The space he uses is also used by other professionals. He warned me that I couldn't make loud noises... especially during the "release". I'm usually quiet during that part. 2) He asked me "How much of a tip for a nice ending".... Big turn off and that's when i learned my lesson. I need to find this shit out up front. Not with a hard dick at the point of no return. I had "sucker" written all over my face... I've haven't been back.

Edited by Massagefreak

I've been to him. Nice body, good massage. He had longer hair when i saw him last year. He's allowed to use a friends massage studio in Beverly Hills area. But had some issues. 1) The space he uses is also used by other professionals. He warned me that I couldn't make loud noises... especially during the "release". I'm usually quiet during that part. 2) He asked me "How much of a tip for a nice ending".... Big turn off and that's when i learned my lesson that i need to find this shit out up front and not with a hard dick at the point of no return. I had "sucker" written all over my face... I've haven't been back.

Thanks for that tip Massagefreak,.....noted!....., I had thought of going to him but now with that being said will definitely pass!! What a shitty thing to ask almost after the fact! Bummer.

• 1 month later...

I've been tempted to see Omar, even sent him a couple messages to get a conversation started. He was friendly enough, but I got the feeling his massage style was too clinical (despite all the shirtless and short-short photos).

Great body, was friendly...but glad I didn't book now that I've heard about the extra tip he requests.

• 2 years later...
The extra tip? For what? To get more? I think that is normal right? Here in the USA we tip for everything. When we go to a bar or a restaurant we give a 20% gratuity. I find this absolutely normal. I believe he is operating a business as he should.

Now that we know who you are...;) I will only say this. I disagree with your definition of what a tip is for when comparing tipping in a bar or restaurant to tipping a masseur. I don't think the two are the same. A bartender or a waiter doesn't ask you what kind of tip you are going to give in the promise of better service, however, I would agree with you and support you asking for a tip to get "extras". That part of the business, as far as I'm concerned, is not only standard, but has always been acceptable. If I have been to a masseur before, sometimes it is already understood that getting "extras" will require additional fees, but if I am visiting a masseur for the first time, I would have no problem with the masseur clarifying what "extras" would cost.

Hope that's clear, and good luck to you. Sherman Oaks used to be my old stomping grounds. I loved the valley, and really miss LA.

Now that we know who you are...;) I will only say this. I disagree with your definition of what a tip is for when comparing tipping in a bar or restaurant to tipping a masseur. I don't think the two are the same. A bartender or a waiter doesn't ask you what kind of tip you are going to give in the promise of better service, however, I would agree with you and support you asking for a tip to get "extras". That part of the business, as far as I'm concerned, is not only standard, but has always been acceptable. If I have been to a masseur before, sometimes it is already understood that getting "extras" will require additional fees, but if I am visiting a masseur for the first time, I would have no problem with the masseur clarifying what "extras" would cost.

Hope that's clear, and good luck to you. Sherman Oaks used to be my old stomping grounds. I loved the valley, and really miss LA.

I love Sherman Oaks. I have been out here for a while. I really love it. The office I used in Beverly Hills, wasn't my friends solely, I rented it with a group of other therapist. We are no longer there though after 8 years. I work mobile and from home. :)

I understand the whole tipping thing. It is one of those things that there could be miscommunication on both parts, massage therapist and client. It is what it is.

I focus on giving 100% amazing professional massage. My #1 focus is to make all my clients feel like they are getting some good body work done on their bodies. All the other stuff is secondary to me, I don't focus on that, so therefore I kind of just play everything else by ear.

I have a question though, and you seem nice enough. I was wondering if someone could help me. About 2 days ago, I received a text from a prospective client. He was setting up a massage but was very quick to ask about erotic work. Long story short, I found what he was saying disrespectful and began to defend myself a bit. The convo didn't end to well, my mistake on my part, I should've just left it alone. Well, he then said he wrote an "honest" review about me. Besides this forum, where else can people post things? I am just curious to know what he said. LOL .

I love Sherman Oaks. I have been out here for a while. I really love it. The office I used in Beverly Hills, wasn't my friends solely, I rented it with a group of other therapist. We are no longer there though after 8 years. I work mobile and from home. :)

I understand the whole tipping thing. It is one of those things that there could be miscommunication on both parts, massage therapist and client. It is what it is.

I focus on giving 100% amazing professional massage. My #1 focus is to make all my clients feel like they are getting some good body work done on their bodies. All the other stuff and secondary to me, I don't focus on that, so therefore I kind of just play everything else by ear.

I have a question though, and you seem nice enough. I was wondering if someone could help me. About 2 days ago, I received a text from a prospective client. He was setting up a massage but was very quick to ask about erotic work. Long story short, I found what he was saying disrespectful and began to defend myself a bit. The convo didn't end to well, my mistake on my part, I should've just left it alone. Well, he then said he wrote an "honest" review about me. Besides this forum, where else can people post things? I am just curious to know what he said. LOL .

If I understand you correctly, the appointment never took place? If that's correct, on this forum at least, a review will not be accepted unless the appointment actually occurred, so I wouldn't worry about him posting here, and on Masseurfinders, you can control what reviews get posted. I personally don't pay much attention to reviews that are posted. Most of the time I hire by word of mouth or by the connection I feel in a phone conversation. For what it's worth, I hired masseurs almost weekly when I was back in LA, and I never would discuss anything like "erotic work" with the masseur, I think that's inappropriate. I would read the ad carefully and I might ask them to expand on a particular element of the massage, but I would never say anything that could be construed as "disrespectful".

The one thing I have learned is that there are a lot of clients out there who don't behave properly. I think you did the right thing, except perhaps next time you could just say, "your questions are making me feel uncomfortable, and perhaps we won't be a good match" or something to that effect. Anyway, I think it's better to lose a client, than get yourself in a situation that is potentially uncomfortable or even dangerous. Good luck in your work, and enjoy the wonderful SoCal weather...

all the best.

Edited by bigvalboy

I focus on giving 100% amazing professional massage. My #1 focus is to make all my clients feel like they are getting some good body work done on their bodies. All the other stuff is secondary to me, I don't focus on that, so therefore I kind of just play everything else by ear.

I agree with @bigvalboy . We all get to set our own terms here - clients and therapists. The phrase I use when communication has headed in the wrong direction is something like "Seems like we're not a good match, thanks for answering my questions, peace." No anger, no accusation, no argument. Once or twice a therapist has said "Sorry, I apologize for my tone.." or something lke that, and we get back on track. but - most of the time that's the last text I send.

If I understand you correctly, the appointment never took place? If that's correct, on this forum at least, a review will not be accepted unless the appointment actually occurred, so I wouldn't worry about him posting her, and on Masseurfinders, you can control what reviews get posted. I personally don't pay much attention to reviews that are posted. Most of the time I hire by word of mouth or by the connection I feel in a phone conversation. For what it's worth, I hired masseurs almost weekly when I was back in LA, and I never would discuss anything like "erotic work" with the masseur, I think that's inappropriate. I would read the ad carefully and I might ask them to expand on a particular element of the massage, but I would never say anything that could be construed as "disrespectful".

The one thing I have learned is that there are a lot of clients out there who don't behave properly. I think you did the right thing, except perhaps next time you could just say, "your questions are making me feel uncomfortable, and perhaps we won't be a good match" or something to that effect. Anyway, I think it's better to lose a client, than get yourself in a situation that is potentially uncomfortable or even dangerous. Good luck in your work, and enjoy the wonderful SoCal weather...

all the best.

Correct. He did not schedule nor did he come in for a massage. The "review" this person claims to have written, is solely on a conversation that happened through text. Which I did end by saying "I will be the bigger person here and apologize for being disrespectful".

I am still curious to know where he wrote this "review". Lol. Help a brotha out !

I agree with @bigvalboy . We all get to set our own terms here - clients and therapists. The phrase I use when communication has headed in the wrong direction is something like "Seems like we're not a good match, thanks for answering my questions, peace." No anger, no accusation, no argument. Once or twice a therapist has said "Sorry, I apologize for my tone.." or something lke that, and we get back on track. but - most of the time that's the last text I send.

I do agree. I always try to stay calm even though 5 out of 10 inquiries from people go straight to the "erotic" nature of things. Having this everyday can definitely get old real quick. I always try to maintain a level of professionalism and calm with my manner of texting.

This is what happened. He asked "I want erotic for today". My response was "I am sorry, I don't do erotic", his response to that was "Ok, well no money from me then." That set me off. As I previously responded to @bigvalboy I did end by apologizing to this person. I understood that I let it get to me and ultimately apologized.

I just want to know where he wrote this "review" . Lol .

Hey guys who are part of this message board and arnt a massage therapist, be forewarned that some people try to make themselves out to be someone else and in actuality arnt or be sketchy and try to lie about how the massage interaction went.

I feel it is very odd that someone in particular is on a message board tour trying to change how people view him and will say anything to make the narrative positive.

Look elsewhere.

"I am sorry, I don't do erotic"

Yet you ask for a tip midway the massage to turn it into erotic, if I understand correctly from the conversation here?

From my experience a lot of (good) clients find it a major turn-off to be asked for a tip or have a fee renegotiation prompted during the massage. Not all clients will say something but they probably won't give the masseur repeat bussiness.

I'm taking a little fault because I seem to get the notion that erotic massage is being talked down on a little in this thread. Erotic massages are perfectly valid and okay and I don't think that asking for details, if done respectfully, is inappropriate by default. If anything, it will help both parties better determine whether they are a good match or not.

• 1 month later...

To those of you that are surprised that I am getting involved in this thread, don't be. This is my business and lively-hood. I have been offering professional massage services full time for the past 9 years. I take my work and business seriously and thus appreciate the opportunity to see what my client's opinions are of my work so I can make proper changes. It may be a bit out of the ordinary for most massage therapist, but I like to think I am a bit unlike the rest.

As to some concerns about my work ethic. I always try to handle every situation to the best of my ability. At time's I may fall short as I am still learning as I go. I don't think there is a course that teaches therapists how to handle every situation, more-so, from a niche market. I do apologize for any confusion or discomfort that I may have brought to any of my clients.

I would like to offer anyone that reads this thread a 15% discount on their next visit with me. All you have to mention is M4M Forum and I will know to give you the discount. I hope everyone's Holidays are full of blessings. Kindly, Ricky.