Do you forgive and forget or hold a grudge?

geminibear
This topic is 1804 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thank you for proving my point. I don't sit around with a bag of popcorn, and wish revenge on anyone. Each to his own. I am left wondering, who the mean-girl really is.

Like I said, I don't wish no one ill will on anybody, but what do think people mean when they say "take the high road" as what goes around comes around by you walking away by not retaliating.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 cliches... You reap what you sow. What you give is what you get. What goes around, comes around. Sorry, I got nothin' else. :)

I have sowed a lot of good but reaped nothing. I give a lot and got nothing. I go around often to help but none came around for me. :mad:

Sorry still can't decide to forgive and forget. :confused:

Like I said, I don't wish no one ill will on anybody, but what do think people mean when they say "take the high road" as what goes around comes around by you walking away by not retaliating.

No different of how it amazes me when people do awful acts or say hurtful things unto others, and get away with it. That's what's so-called "unjust" to me.

You've missed my point... Good luck on that 'High-Road'

I have sowed a lot of good but reaped nothing. I give a lot and got nothing. I go around often to help but none came around for me. :mad:

Sorry still can't decide to forgive and forget. :confused:

Gemini, I'm sorry you feel like that... Sometimes good things come back in small ways. Sometimes it's not immediate... many times it takes years to see the good you put in but when it happens, you recognize it. Here's a hug. Sometimes a hug from a stranger has more meaning than from a friend.

Gemini, I'm sorry you feel like that... Sometimes good things come back in small ways. Sometimes it's not immediate... many times it takes years to see the good you put in but when it happens, you recognize it. Here's a hug. Sometimes a hug from a stranger has more meaning than from a friend.

A good fuck heals all wounds too ;)

It depends on how much you will be hurt to lose him/her/them from your life. If you have totally lost faith, then let them go. If you really can't let go, talk to them, forgive and try again. If you cant talk to them or let go, swallow hard, and continue the relatioship as is. There are really only three responses to any problem.

1. Walk away from it

2. Change it

3. Live with it.

I'm sorry you have been hurt. warm hugs to you.

This is how I operate also. Especially when someone has been inconsiderate rather than malicious. If it can't be changed, I really look deep to decide which is more painful... Walking away or living with it..and then I do the opposite

You've missed my point... Good luck on that 'High-Road'

No, I think your missing my point entirely which is basic common sense stuff, but it's okay.

I get your point loud and clear, but your not trying to understand where I'm coming from as it's not a one way street here. You need to understand the other person's point of view, and not just your own, BVB.

It's good to take others advice sometimes too, and not feel you have to be right on everything as I have a voice too you know, and sorry if that offends you.

Thanks JJJ. I appreciate that. Big Bear hug to you also

And sometimes we should not expect anything in return but our satisfaction for doing what feels right for us

I never expect anything back for what I do. I truly enjoy doing for others. I don't seek praise or the spotlight, but it does cut to the quick when a few of those I have helped often can't be bothered to reach out.

I'm somewhat of a grudge holder, but it also depends on the offense. The older I get, the easier it is to cut people out (note I said cut out, not just cut!). I had a "friend" from NYC that held a grudge against me. No matter what I did to make amends (though I knew what I did to cause the grudge), it was never good enough. After a while I realized this person just wasn't worth my time or energy, and I cut ties completely.

We are aren't we JDXXX? Partly because you bring out the best in us sir. Your posts make us laugh, cry, get angry but mostly make us think.

Very sweet of you to say, Jack, but trust me - I don't mean to make anyone angry or come off insensitive to others point of view. I feel it's fair to voice my opinion or advice here and there as well like the rest of you.

Sorry if my point of view or advice tends to offend others which is not meant to be hurtful or vain in anyway, and do apologize if my points came off as so at times. :(:(.

Yes they know I had a thing. I texted both of them letting them know. I received an initial text response from them and then nothing. No follow up for a week now. Do they know they let me down? right now I don't feel like they care.

It's them feeling guilty for what they've done to you by hurting you is why the act of avoidance which is they're problem, baby - it's they're issue to deal with and work out - not yours. I don't think it's a sense that they don't care, but can't face of what they've done to you that was hurtful or "stained" the friendship in some sort of way that hurt you to a point of questioning the friendship or association you have with them.

Very sweet of you to say, Jack, but trust me - I don't mean to make anyone angry or come off insensitive to others point of view. I feel it's fair to voice my opinion or advice here and there as well like the rest of you.

Sorry if my point of view or advice tends to offend others which is not meant to be hurtful or vain in anyway, and do apologize if my points came off as so at times. :(:(.

No, no, no......It's not what you write that makes me/us angry, it's what you have shared with us about what some other insensitive assholes have said or done to you.....whether on this forum or in your personal or business life....or just how terrible they treat others. Those losers are what makes me angry.