Now have to show Identification at Fairytail Lounge NYC

Irtwo
This topic is 3064 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Looks like they started a new policy at the Adonis shows at Fairytail Lounge on W48th St. A big brute stands in front and won't let you enter unless you show ID. Very unpleasant. I can understand asking for ID from young guys who look under 25, but when they start demanding 50 year old's show ID to get in, that's often used to harass/discourage people they don't want in the club. Not sure if they're starting to do the same thing at Adonis on E58th St. I hope not. I've been going to Adonis since the Greenpoint days, but if this is their new policy, I'm sad to say that they've lost me as a customer.

This will be taken care of immediately. Sorry about the hassle. Ownership at Fairytail wanted security the nights I'm not there (Tim). I wish I could be everywhere all the time...The Saturday security won't be bothering patrons obviously of age moving forward. I'll take care of this...

- Tim

This will be taken care of immediately. Sorry about the hassle. Ownership at Fairytail wanted security the nights I'm not there (Tim). I wish I could be everywhere all the time...The Saturday security won't be bothering patrons obviously of age moving forward. I'll take care of this...

- Tim

Wow! Now I'm impressed! I might just go check out Fairytail when I'm back in town!

This is one of the things I love about social media, doesn't always work but as often as not it does. In the past if you had a complaint you'd go to the complaints (or 'Customer Service') department and wheels would turn and nothing would happen. Now, you rant (or should I say post a thoughtful comment that this could work better) and in no time, a serious decision maker in the organisation will get back to you and say, 'That was fucked, I'm fixing it RIGHT NOW.'

An example from a few years ago (and I think the rant was on talk-back radio rather than social media, but that's not the point). There was a strike by security van drivers that meant cash was not being delivered to ATMs and banks. Supermarkets, that usually allowed people to use their cards to withdraw cash stopped allowing it. Within about 15 minutes of the complaint, the supermarket head offices (that obviously knew that they took in far more cash than they would ever dispense) went public saying, in effect that there were no restrictions on cash withdrawals from their stores (and told store managers to get with the program).

I had a problem with my health insurance company a few years ago. An office visit that was clearly covered under my policy that was mis-coded by the doctors office and I was charged. The doctors office tried to correct it as did the insurance company, multiple times. It was $80 and they took the money right out of my flexible spending account and I could not get it back. The last person I spoke to at the insurance company agreed that I was right but said she had no way to refund the money and she was sorry. I asked what she would do in my shoes and she told me she had no idea. That same day I created a twitter account and tweeted to the CEO of the insurance company describing everything that had happened and asked for help. I also included several other twitter accounts from the insurance company on my tweet. Within 30 minutes of my first tweet I had a private message from the insurance company with a phone number asking me to call them as soon as possible. The person I spoke to asked for some information, apologized profusely, and said that the issue would be resolved within a week and asked if that would be OK. I said that was fine and within a week the money had been put back in my flexible spending account. The power of Twitter!

Archived