The holiday blahs (not the blues)

dcguy20
This topic is 3099 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I start decorating my 1,200 sq. ft. condo the second week of October and that takes a three full weeks

It reminds me of my childhood and the rich neighbors immediately across the street. They hired people to put up many, many Christmas light, almost all outside. Thanks for your comments, Epigonos. I can not believe that I had forgotten how nice their house and trees on the property looked at Christmas

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honcho - you play at Our Lady Maytag?

I'll be a bit coy about this one. I've mentioned several other groups in which I play and have dropped enough other

hints that anybody could figure who I am in real life (and have once or twice), but I could imagine that

if the music minister at the church found about this post, (or somebody else from the church did), they would

feel they would have no choice but to let me go.

I'll say in a conversation to you.

I have found since I'm away from DC for the holiday it means I'm away from the daily distractions (and work). Although my cards will be received after Christmas, I sat down and wrote out 30 while things at my parent's house were quiet.

The Nutcracker was beautiful as always. It rained yesterday, so pre-ballet window decoration walking tour didn't happen (I'm fighting a cold).

All in all I'm definitely more in a holiday mood than when I started this thread.

It wouldn't be Christmas without my tradition of baking my Christmas stollen (22nd year).

Archived