RUN! HIDE! FIGHT! DHS Offers Tips To Survive An Active Shooting

geminibear
This topic is 3119 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is just so sad and hard to comprehend. My heart is so big, I'm so loving and embrace life, I don't underdstand poeple who want to kill. We were born nurtures, we want to give and love-- HATE IS LEARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wish these people had better parents and stronger minds and bodies (so they couldn't be broken) My eyes filled with tears once they shot the first (I know it was fake) the first person (security guard)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's about it, although handgun magazines are permitted. Ownership of any gun requires a licence, which can only be obtained for a 'genuine reason', and that cannot include self-defence. Membership of a shooting club can be used as a reason. Even when you have a licence and a gun you can only carry it when you have a valid to need to use it, otherwise it must be locked away. So a farmer can carry a gun

on his farm in case he needs to shoot vermin, hunters can carry weapons when they are going hunting. It's never legal to carry a weapon when you're going about your normal daily business, and there's no such thing as open carry here.

No-one here feels less safe for the lack of guns in the community. (Well almost no-one, an Australian senator who is a libertarian and very much an outlier in our politics, has been

speaking to NRA and like-minded groups in the US telling them that Australians are not free because of our gun laws. He could hold a meeting of everyone here who agrees with him in a phone box.) Part of this is because we've never been an armed society, and the weapons bought back after Port Arthur were not widely owned in the community. Another part of the feeling of safety is that we don't expect (or fear) that someone we meet in the street will be armed. Likewise, the police don't have to assume that anyone they meet will be packing, so

that means Australian police can behave differently. Changing US gun law would not change people's attitudes at least not immediately. It would take a while for people to be confident that they were not surrounded by guns.

Now that's a plan I could support. (The self-defense part is especially interesting, since Australia seems to recognize the claim is a total fantasy while delusional Murica thinks it's the OK Corral.) Thanks for posting.

Archived