Zumanity

niceguyaz
This topic is 7282 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi niceguyaz,

I saw Cirque du Soleil’s "Zumanity" last year and highly recommend the show

http://www.zumanity.com

You can see the trailer here http://www.zumanity.com/en/trailer2.asp

IMO the show “O” resident at the Bellagio is the most spectacular and "Zumanity" the most erotic and sensual show. My favorite act features a black male stripper. Enjoy !

Steven Draker ~

Zumanity at New York, New York was a great show in concept~

I had the chance to see it opening night and it was in all respects, spectactular. I also had the chance to see it again about a month ago and the show had changed (for the worse) drastically. Portions were cut out, music was altered... and strangely enough, the 'gay couple' in the show were mysteriously missing.

I spoke with the company manager onsite after the show who said the 'male partner' act had been taken out. Why? Their reason includes an injury to one of the twosome, trying to replace him and the other partner flat-out refusing to work with someone other than his original guy. You also have to realize that that twosome were partners not only onstage, but offstage as well...

There is quite a good deal of lesbian action in the show, which probably suits the typical 'tourist' in Vegas as something 'taboo' and 'different.' Throw a couple of gay men up there, kissing no less, and you've got anarchy. I knew it wouldn't last too long. Friends of mine who've seen the show many, many times have said that as soon as the 'gay' stuff hits the stage, there are walkouts all over the place.

I guess Zumanity doesn't have to worry about that anymore. *shrugs*

If you're looking for some good shows to see while in Vegas, here's a small list of what i've found to be totally enjoyable and worth the insane ticket prices:

La Cage

O

Mystere

Mamma Mia

Gladys Knight

La Femme

Blue Man Group

Two new shows debuting this week are 'Saturday Night Fever' at the Aladdin and 'We Will Rock You' at Paris. It seems that with the future combo of 'Avenue Q' at Wynn's new resort, a $100 mil production of 'Phantom' at The Venetian and 'Hairspray' heading for a permanent home at Mandalay Bay, Vegas is in line to become the 'Broadway of the West.' Could be interesting.

Enjoy Sin City :)

Warmest Always,

Benjamin Nicholas

Sorry to disagree with those who thought it great-but I thought it the worst of the Cirque du Soleil productions, and I've seen all the Vegas ones and most of the touring ones. Yes the eroticism was punched up but the acts themselves seemed less entertaining, and nudity per se isn't enough to keep me interested for the 1 1/2. Most Vegas shows show a lot of skin already, so the tad more shown here really doesn't make a lot of difference

>>Ted I did feel the Las Vegas performance was more exciting

>than you.

>

>FourAces : no personal attacks please.

>

>"Attack the issue, not the poster" :-)

Steven, It is a statement addressed to the poster not a personal attack. My next line I agree with the poster.

Chill a bit.

RT :)

Guest rohale

I had the chance to catch Zumanity in New York and I was quite impressed. The visuals I found to be spectacular. I've heard from friends that the follow up in various cities across the country hasn't been as favorable as one might expect. I suppose after thirteen years of non-stop productions, it's fair to say that Cirque Du Soleil has somewhat lost it's edge. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I remember seeing Cirque Du Soleil for the first time in a shopping center parking lot that was converted into a tent in 1991. The admission price was free and I was really impressed with the acrobats. It was new, innovative, no one had ever seen anything quite like it at the time. A year later in 1992 I saw them at the newly opened Earls Court Arena and it was a sellout crowd. Who would ever have guessed that it would become a huge box office bonanza worldwide that it has become today. Once Zumanity finishes it's run then hopefully if Cirque Du Soleil decide to carry on next year, they might come up with an innovative concept that may capture the essence of what made them popular to begin with.

Rohale

Well, Cirque is currently working on two new shows for Vegas~

One, which will be hosted at the MGM, is tenatively called 'X' and will be completely above the audience at all times. It's mostly going to be done on wires and harnesses: Think 'Cirque meets an S&M party.'

The other show is going into Wynn's new resort (along with Broadway's 'Avenue Q') on the southstrip. It hasn't been named publically, but it will involve large amounts of water and is touted as being DOUBLE the price of 'O.' That puts the show's budget somewhere in the block of $300mil. WOWZER. That would also make it the most expensive stage show ever concieved, thus beating up Celine Dion's so-called 'mega budget' at Caesars like a red-headed step-child.

Both of these shows are family-friendly. They didn't experience the sellout they expected with Zumanity, so they're going back to a family format.

Warmest Always,

Benjamin Nicholas

Well, Cirque is currently working on two new shows for Vegas~

One, which will be hosted at the MGM, is tenatively called 'X' and will be completely above the audience at all times. It's mostly going to be done on wires and harnesses: Think 'Cirque meets an S&M party.'

The other show is going into Wynn's new resort (along with Broadway's 'Avenue Q') on the southstrip. It hasn't been named publically, but it will involve large amounts of water and is touted as being DOUBLE the price of 'O.' That puts the show's budget somewhere in the block of $300mil. WOWZER. That would also make it the most expensive stage show ever concieved, thus beating up Celine Dion's so-called 'mega budget' at Caesars like a red-headed step-child.

Both of these shows are family-friendly. They didn't experience the sellout they expected with Zumanity, so they're going back to a family format.

Warmest Always,

Benjamin Nicholas

Fouraces, I glad you claried to Steven that you did not attack Ted; but I think he--Steven was a might bit overzealous in his responding! I've been at this board for almost 3.5 years now, and at a few intervals, I've done exactly as Steven! BTW I read your response exactly as you meant for it to have been read! :-)

Fouraces, I glad you claried to Steven that you did not attack Ted; but I think he--Steven was a might bit overzealous in his responding! I've been at this board for almost 3.5 years now, and at a few intervals, I've done exactly as Steven! BTW I read your response exactly as you meant for it to have been read! :-)

Thanks for the encouragement in attending this performance; after reading that they'd taken out the male duo-- I thought I'd skip seeing this show, but now I think whenever I manage to get to Vegas before the end of this year, I'll definitely plan to see ZUMANITY.

Thanks for the encouragement in attending this performance; after reading that they'd taken out the male duo-- I thought I'd skip seeing this show, but now I think whenever I manage to get to Vegas before the end of this year, I'll definitely plan to see ZUMANITY.

Guest rohale

Thank you very much sir. Quite honestly I did not know this. As of late I haven't much time to keep up with what's hott in Las Vegas in terms of upcoming productions. In turn I would like to say that was very nice of you to provide this info. I travel to Las Vegas quite frequently, it will defininitely be beneficial in choosing a Cirque Du Soleil show when they open up. It is often stated that we learn something new everyday and I want to say thank you for keeping us informed about two future shows.

Rohale

>The other show is going into Wynn's new resort (along with

>Broadway's 'Avenue Q') on the southstrip.

The new Wynn resort is not on the south Strip. It's NORTH of all of the major MID-Strip hotels (Venetian, Bally's, TI, Mirage, Caesar's, et. al.) It's located on the former Desert Inn property.

Archived