Phone signal on the El

seaboy4hire
This topic is 3126 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This morning I found I had signal on the red line under ground....mostly. Going south about Grand it got spotty and dropped but it was an OK start. It should get better soon. Reports say that by the end of the year signal will be avail throughout the whole tunnel for red and blue lines on all 4 major carriers.

Hugs,

Greg

The red line? You from Baaahston, seaboy? :) Round here, we call it the 4 5 6.

People have been worried about this forever. But it's better that this happened now than, say, seven years ago. Many more people will sit quietly and text than actually talk on their phones.

Here's the original El, visible at the start of the clip and then at around 1:35. (The footage is taken from some 20s-era movie called Speedy.) Bonus points for those who can figure out where each of the scenes takes place. Some look familiar, but I can't quite place them. I'll start:

1:32 Washingon Square Park, of course

1:37-1:45 Astor Place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m648v4s5sFc

The red line? You from Baaahston, seaboy? :) Round here, we call it the 4 5 6.

People have been worried about this forever. But it's better that this happened now than, say, seven years ago. Many more people will sit quietly and text than actually talk on their phones.

Here's the actual El, visible at the start of the clip and then at around 1:35. (The footage is taken from some 20s-era movie called Speedy.) Bonus points for those who can figure out where each of the scenes takes place. Some look familiar, but I can't quite place them. I'll start:

1:32 Washingon Square Park, of course

1:37-1:45 Astor Place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m648v4s5sFc

Red line Chicago

Hugs,

Greg

Archived