Bow Out

Candyman
This topic is 7288 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ok who is watching Blow Out before Queer Eye. I'm not sure what I think of the show yet. A whinny hair dresser that has trouble opening his new salon. The pouty lipped guy flown in from New York for what reason. The biker dude that is going to get fired for taking and showing is abs.

Oh the humanity of it all.

They should start showing it in the middle east and we won't have to worry about terrorists. They will feel sorry for us after seeing the clients and employees;

Predictable and formulaic in that reality TV way. Clearly, some level of psychological assessment was done on everyone to get the right personalities to cause pot-boiling conflict and interpersonal drama.

The whiny hairdresser now has some sort of AmEx endorsement. They ran the commercial with him touting the card during the show yesterday.

The worst part is none of the people in the show is very likeable.

--EBG

Product Placement

>The whiny hairdresser now has some sort of AmEx endorsement.

>They ran the commercial with him touting the card during the

>show yesterday.

>

>The worst part is none of the people in the show is very

>likeable.

I was channel surfing and caught parts of a two different re-runs of the very first show. The worst thing for me was the "whiners" comment once where he made it clear he is "a dude" and also the comments he feels required to make about straight girls and their builds. I think like Boy Meets Boy, Bravo wants to have some more break out, get a lot of attention for their network, type shows, but like BMB, they are not going to get them with crap.

This show is put together by the same production team as Queer Eye. The producer/owner of that show also has an American Express commerical. Unfortunately, the hair dresser show seems to be more about the product placements and less about actually showing something. The Fear Factor twins were hotter for short channel surfing stops than anything on this show....

Archived