Street Scene vs Online

SteelFan
This topic is 3168 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I lived in NYC from 1970 to 1990. Picking up hustlers (and I use the term advisedly) on the street or in hustler bars or strip clubs (damn, I miss those strip clubs!) was always pretty dicey--not that I didn't do it sometimes. Things worked out well remarkably seldom. Print ads were also pretty much hit and miss. A "good" experience could be defined as an evening that could definitely have been worse. This was New York after all, please remember. Even with all the fake ads out there, internet shopping is infinitely safer and leads to better experiences--many excellent. And, one can now do background checks on review sites such as this or with Google searches. It is no longer desirable for my life to be as "exciting' as it was then.

Anyone ever miss the days of cruising the streets?

Yes, I do miss those old days. I lived in St. Louis during the 70's and at night the downtown streets were pretty deserted.

You could drive around there and usually see some lone guys hanging around or slowly walking. Drive past them several

times, see if they made some eye contact and if so, pull down the block, pull over and lower the passenger side window.

One would usually come up and start talking and say something like needing twenty dollars for rent. If they seemed okay

we would drive down by the levee on the river front and I would blow him.

I realize now how dangerous this was but I was lucky and never had a problem and also had some nice cock to suck.

I have always been attracted to "rough trade" type straight guys.

Archived