Dames at Sea

foxy
This topic is 3144 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If you're looking for a show that's just pure fun this is it. With a cast of only six, 3 dames and 3 guys they fill the stage with enormous talent. Great singing and terrific tap dancing. It's being called a valentine to those movie musicals of the 30's and that's exactly what it is. Leave your troubles at the stage door and spend two happy hours with this show. In previews and opens October 22. Highly recommended.

Oh how I loved this show when I saw it at the Ivar Theater in Hollywood back around 1970. Barbara Sharma was Ruby in that production. The L.A. County Art Museum had recently completed a Busby Berkely film festival, and the wonders of "Footlight Parade", and "42nd Street" were still fresh in my mind. It was amazing how with a cast of 6 and piano they were able to capture the spirit and innocence of those early musicals. I just wish I could have seen the original with a young, fresh, and adorable Bernadette Peters.

I agree Foxy. Saw this tonight. A TERRIFIC show.

I remember all the buzz around the original production which catapulted Bernadette Peters to fame.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! A talented cast, great score and just an entertaining evening.

A true homage to the movie musicals of the 1930's with Ruby Keeler, Ginger Rogers and Joan Blondell.

Left the theater humming some of the numbers...

ED

Archived