"The Rejected" - First Television Documentary on Homosexuality?

Bluray2
This topic is 3193 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A few interesting parts

-The Episcopal bishop’s statement that "homosexuality activity" is compulsive and thus cannot be sinful, because there can be no sin without freedom. Of course, he starts off by condemning homosexual activity, but you can tell is heart isn’t into it. The Bishop seems really nervous.

-The debate between the former California AG, Hutchinson, and a lawyer named Morris Loewenthal. Hutchinson claims that laws against homosexuality are aimed at acts (sodomy), not at individuals. (It reminds me a little of arguments made by the religious right today: They aren’t fighting to allow discrimination against individuals, but against acts—this time, same sex marriage-- they believe are immoral.) He also says that the spread of STDs is a reason to keep the anti-sodomy laws. Lowenthal completely demolishes his arguments and, unlike any of the other “experts,” argues that homosexuality isn’t an illness at all

-Margaret Mead points out that homosexuality is normal in many societies but confuses gay men with tranvestites. She talks about a Native American society in which men "pretend to get married and have children."

- I enjoyed the Mattachine discussion. Those guys had some serious balls to agree to appear in this documentary at that time. Call me weird, but that Don Lucas guy is just my type: Contemptuous, a little cold, and wears incredibly hot glasses. He smirks as he asks his colleagues, “Do you think it’s a challenge to a girl to convert a homosexual?” For you, Mr. Lucas, I would have given it the old college try. ;)

http://s13.postimg.org/73pbecqvb/Screen_Shot_2015_08_28.png

Archived