Deleting Old Conversations

markpaul
This topic is 3219 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There is a checkbox next to each conversation. Check one of the conversations you want to delete. A pop-up is displayed which allows you to "Select All." Check "Select All" and all of teh conversations on the page will be selected. You can then delete all of the conversations on that page.

Guest Starbuck

I haven't deleted conversations since the advent of the revamped website, but it seems like a good time to tidy up ... I see how to SELECT conversations, but must be missing HOW I THEN DELETE THEM ... further instructions, please?

There is a checkbox next to each conversation. Check one of the conversations you want to delete. A pop-up is displayed which allows you to "Select All." Check "Select All" and all of teh conversations on the page will be selected. You can then delete all of the conversations on that page.

I must be having a stupid moment. There is no delete option I can find.

Guest Starbuck

Relieved it's not just me ... whew.

I am reminded of that moment when Raymond (on Everybody Loves Raymond) gives his parents the CD player and, in the midst of explaining to his parents how to use it, Marie (his mother) says, "We're not astronauts, you know." :)

Technically as noted above you are "leaving a conversation", but this will also make it disappear so in essence it is deleted from you inbox.

-Check box next to conversation that you want to delete.

-Hit "other actions"

-Choose leave conversation

-gives two options

-One to receive future response

-The other not to receive future responses

-Either way the conversation is deleted from your inbox

-Select leave conversation and your done!

There is also a way to check all boxes and delete all conversations if you desire to do so.

(The fact that I have a degree from MIT helped me figure this out!)

Just kidding! ;)

Technically as noted above you are "leaving a conversation", but this will also make it disappear so in essence it is deleted from you inbox.

-Check box next to conversation that you want to delete.

-Hit "other actions"

-Choose leave conversation

-gives two options

-One to receive future response

-The other not to receive future responses

-Either way the conversation is deleted from your inbox

-Select leave conversation and your done!

There is also a way to check all boxes and delete all conversations if you desire to do so.

(The fact that I have a degree from MIT helped me figure this out!)

Just kidding! ;)

FYI...If you want to delete multiple pages at once..

after you click on the first conversation and select all,

just click the next page,

click on the box next to the first conversation in the next page

Click select all, then click the next page again. And just keep going...

You can keep doing this until you reach 500. That's all the system allows at one time, then just click leave conversation,(the system does take a few seconds to delete everything), and then just start again with a new page.

Crikey! All of this seems confusing. I'm glad I disabled that feature 2 or 3 years ago.......actually because of one individual's bad behavior. I never imagined the benefit of not having to deal with all the records of those sensitive communications years later. :p

Crikey! All of this seems confusing. I'm glad I disabled that feature 2 or 3 years ago.......actually because of one individual's bad behavior. I never imagined the benefit of not having to deal with all the records of those sensitive communications years later. :p

LOL...well truth-be-told. I do have a guest list. ;)

One individual's bad behavior!?! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm............... :eek:

Guest Starbuck
One individual's bad behavior!?! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm............... :eek:

Indeed. I wonder how many of us got that one on the first guess ... and right on the heels of deleting some old hate mail...

Coincidence? Nahhhh...

On a separate note, thanks for the help with the housecleaning, WG ... you made it as easy to handle as nipple play before the clamps go on.

Indeed. I wonder how many of us got that one on the first guess ... and right on the heels of deleting some old hate mail...

Coincidence? Nahhhh...

On a separate note, thanks for the help with the housecleaning, WG ... you made it as easy to handle as nipple play before the clamps go on.

Actually I did not delete any of the offending mail... After all there is the standard "seven year rule" regarding retention of old records. One never knows when needing to produce such evidence might come in handy!

Relieved it's not just me ... whew.

I am reminded of that moment when Raymond (on Everybody Loves Raymond) gives his parents the CD player and, in the midst of explaining to his parents how to use it, Marie (his mother) says, "We're not astronauts, you know." :)

I'm sorry, but I just assume everyone is as curious as I am and tries to figure out how things work. When I saw "Leave a Conversation," I clicked it to see what happened. Lo and behold, the conversation disappeared! I concluded that "leave" must be the XenForo term for "delete."

Before we go on about age, my mother's last assignment at work before retiring in 1994 at age 62 was to figure out how to use the PC and Excel to automate accounting functions. She had no prior knowledge of computers, but had a curious and logical mind as well as an appetite to learn new things. She succeeded beautifully. When she bought her own computer several years later at age 70 she had a brief learning curve and within a few hours she was good to go. Someone bought her a book called "Computers for Seniors." She wrote the publisher and scolded them for talking down to their audience.

Actually I did not delete any of the offending mail... After all there is the standard "seven year rule" regarding retention of old records. One never knows when needing to produce such evidence might come in handy!

Like you, WG, I archived a few communiques, from 3 and 6 years ago, in case they are needed in the future. :D

Archived